Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vonMauser

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Does this mean they will be able to know if i've been watching films to... adults?

IncognitoXS

10-03-2012

Lets just hope they hold true to their words at the end of their post. It's been two hours since they posted the thread and they haven't made a single reply to the questions posted. I know they are probably busy but if you make a promise like that then by word you are bound to uphold the statement.

I would also appreciate to hear about this Pixel Tracking method of gaining information and why they need to do this, why not leave us be and let the people who want to help you go threw a survey so you can collect information from willing participants.

~Just a concerned player.

PLT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Can we still log more then one account in a house at the same time (1 per computer) for making lan parties for exemple?

EDIT:
Why would you pixel track us? i don't get it....

Does it mean that you will be able to see me on facebook/twitter/email entering my passwords ? isnt it breaking privacy laws?

sPoonFDR

10-03-2012

Nerds and their legal gobbLe Dee gooP

IncognitoXS

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLT View Post
Can we still log more then one account in a house at the same time (1 per computer) for making lan parties for exemple?

EDIT:
Why would you pixel track us? i don't get it....

Does it mean that you will be able to see me on facebook/twitter/email entering my passwords ? isnt it breaking privacy laws?
They can't really stop this because the gaming houses around the world for the Pro-Tournament teams are living together meaning they often play together on the same connection. This would halt all ability to do so AFAIK.

IncognitoXS

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPoonFDR View Post
Nerds and their legal gobbLe Dee gooP
You might actually want to read these things threw, for all you know, you are blindly binding yourself to a clause that states "If you do something wrong, we can take all your money." If it's written in the Terms of Service and you click accept you have to abide by it.

Nütcracko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyen View Post
not mah cookies THEY ARE MINE
this

Dreampod

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoXS View Post
You might actually want to read these things threw, for all you know, you are blindly binding yourself to a clause that states "If you do something wrong, we can take all your money." If it's written in the Terms of Service and you click accept you have to abide by it.
Yup and practically no one actually reads them because they are written by design to be incomprehensible to the layman and offer no alternative other than not using the service if you disagree. One company offered a $1000 reward in their EULA to the first person who contacted them for it. Over 3000 people agreed to their terms before someone collected.

AznSilly

10-03-2012

This is very interesting, as I just learned about online privacy and sites such as trustE in my Internet Law class.

As an aside, I've been trying to start a conversation with you here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=lomar

Lomar pls

Retroflux

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Hello! I upload a small amount of League of Legends content onto the social networking site, YouTube. I have stopped trying to monetize my videos because they are always placed under review (though I have read the policy on sharing of content and can't see where I have broken the rules). What I would like to know is what these new changes will do to people's ability to monetize their videos on approved networks such as YouTube. If you could please go through the steps necessary to successfully upload and possibly monetize videos with League of Legends content in it, it would be greatly appreciated.