How to counter Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poisonpowder

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJokes View Post
Katarina will never ult him,and once Talon has mr items hell destroy her
Kat outharasses Talon (and builds mpen early). In the space of Talon's combo/cooldown, Kat can get at least 2 Ws off (you're maxing W, right?).
Play the lane before speculating.

Rocket Fuel

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scylexian View Post
Kat outharasses Talon (and builds mpen early). In the space of Talon's combo/cooldown, Kat can get at least 2 Ws off (you're maxing W, right?).
Play the lane before speculating.
Do you want to try me?

Surakai

10-03-2012

doesn't matter. kat is so broken you could beat her in lane and she will still win games even while constantly playing poorly.

Poisonpowder

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJokes View Post
Do you want to try me?
I wouldn't mind it.

imaloony

10-03-2012

I generally see people pick Kat to try and counterpick my Vlad mid, but honestly Vlad beats Kat. Since she and Vlad both have short-range spells and Vlad can out-trade her, he pretty much wins lane phase. What's that, you ulted? Well, I pressed W.

Fosterisgod

10-03-2012

Anivia. Pushes harder than kat. Every time she roams just call MIA, ping ur lanes to back, push the wave to her tower and she will miss a lot of xp + mid tower. Even if she manages to get lucky and kill you still have egg. GG.

Edit: ^ also counters eve roaming.

Surakai

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaloony View Post
I generally see people pick Kat to try and counterpick my Vlad mid, but honestly Vlad beats Kat. Since she and Vlad both have short-range spells and Vlad can out-trade her, he pretty much wins lane phase. What's that, you ulted? Well, I pressed W.

I beat the hell out of vlads with kat, however, one of the last times I played vlad I beat a kat but that may have been due to my jungler giving me a boost. perhaps it depends on how you build him. I think cdr on vlad may help him survive a kat otherwise vlad is more than screwed.

RushSecond

10-03-2012

I've played as Kat against Lux a few times with mixed results. If you want to play Lux against Kat, keep a few things in mind. Early game levels 2-6 is going to be the hardest part, don't ever try to nuke her while her shunpo is up, she will just dodge it and punish you for 35% of your hp. Keep your spells ready and just last hit with your autoattack. If Kat jumps to you, you at least have a chance to land everything on her while her shunpo is down. If your jungler is nearby that could even be a kill. If you are at all low then play passive and focus on survival, just don't give her kills.

Once you are lvl 7-9 and have enough AP you can use E to clear waves, it becomes a lot easier since you can just farm safely from a distance, while keeping out of shunpo range. With blue, you can just keep spamming E from afar and that can really hamper Kat's aggression since she has to keep using shunpo to dodge it. The best case scenario here is that you can force shunpo, then you + jungler can move in, land a bind, and kill her. Barring that it becomes a farm lane which isn't the best, but it's better than feeding over and over.

Jetstream417

10-03-2012

If you have to play Lux, just play very passively.

I find if I'm going up against a Kat player and I play Lux, I tend to take clarity so I can spam almost as much early game as she can with your E.

E an area, AA her. E, AA.

Kat is squishy too early remember, so if you can keep this up early, you'll at least not get robbed of your lane.

Also, this puts you at a disadvantage late game, as clarity kinda sucks after lvl 8 or so.

Wasabi Kitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

It's not about beating her in lane. I've been playing her a lot lately and her laning is actually very weak. Her early game is especially bad. Just having ranged auto attacks gives you a large advantage since you can attack her a few times everytime she goes for a cs. Unless she uses her Q to grab CS but she'll miss a lot of farm that way and can't really use it to harass.

Kat's laning is kind of weak from what I see. Her strength lies in her roaming. Every game once I get 6 I keep the lane pushed and head bot/top the moment I see a fight about to break off. Once the fight is started I just jump in and grab some kills

You want someone who can push the lane really hard to prevent roaming.