How do you "orb walk" in DotA 2?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandomSummoner37

10-22-2012

I've been playing DotA 2 as of late and the attack animations are so long that I can't seem to kite effectively. I'm decent at last hitting and denying but I just can't seem to micro as well as I can in LoL.

Skkyte

10-22-2012

So...your asking how to do something in DotA 2 on the LoL forum? Seems legit.

Puckthepwner

10-22-2012

I dunno. Go ask on the DotA 2 forums or wherever.

Reldnahc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

The same way you do in league. Attack, move, attack, move, etc. It helps if your good at animation canceling. Drow Ranger is a good hero to start practicing with.

Dr W

10-22-2012

this seems like the right place to ask

Maximum Can

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

thinly-veiled dota<lol thread

Dr Clueless PhD

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSummoner37 View Post
I've been playing DotA 2 as of late and the attack animations are so long that I can't seem to kite effectively. I'm decent at last hitting and denying but I just can't seem to micro as well as I can in LoL.
I'm assuming it's just like it was in DotA.

Do NOT right click. Instead, single-cast the orb effect onto an enemy and animation cancel your way forward. Using the attack command with it toggled doesn't really let you pull this off.

That's my recollection. But, take it with a grain of salt, because my memory is terribad.

Archeer

Recruiter

10-22-2012

Hey LoL forum, my Elementalist has very low damage when I switch to the wind attunement, how can I get a decent exotic staff to up my damage?

Snoozealot

10-22-2012

DOTA 2 last hitting, and general movement is much different. The heroes there are balanced by slower attack animations, and turn around speeds amoung other things. Just play Drow until your decent at it. Also sniper is easy as hell too.

Solance

10-22-2012

UM! PRESS THE HOT KEY OF YOUR ARROW SPELL, LEFT CLICK ON TARGET, MOVE! REPEAT.

sorry caps so you can read all the wtf why u post here replys. good luck drow ranger, viper, clinkz