If Lissandra was really blinded by the Ursine...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dax Ayrton

04-24-2014

How does this picture exist?

Name:  Lissandra.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  892.7 KB

It is part of "Journey into Freljord", a story told by Quinn in which she meets various characters from the Freljord. She meets Lissandra (as in, the actual queen of the Frostguard) and then she meets the Ice Witch, her alter-ego. However, she makes no mention of Lissandra being blind, though she describes plenty of her mannerisms and so on. I find this a little inconsistent with that tidbit of information a Red spouted long ago.

Gentleman Gaston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2014

Lissandra can still "see" through the ice around her because of vibrations or magic. It's unclear how, only that she can. Also she can make herself look however she wants because "magic", so she doesn't need giant eye scars or what have you.

Dax Ayrton

04-25-2014

Hmm, interesting.

Another question: how do we know what's going on with Lissandra? How did you know how she "sees"? In which text is it stated, or who said it?

Placentas

04-25-2014

I cant confirm that she can see through the vibes of the ice, which would be pretty cool if she did. But like G-Gaston said, magic. She's able to imitate the looks of whoever the next ruler in line is and then she kills them and pretends to be them. The real Lissandra (not the Ice Witch) most likely had both her eyes and was never attacked by the Ursine so the Ice Witch wouldn't copy a form of Lissandra without eyes/damaged eyes.

I believe Kitae stated that Lissandra was blinded by the Ursine before she became an IceBorn so the events couldn't be recent.

Gentleman Gaston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax Ayrton View Post
Another question: how do we know what's going on with Lissandra? How did you know how she "sees"? In which text is it stated, or who said it?
Kitae said it here. I realize it doesn't state exactly how it works, but the comparison to Avatar: TLA's Toph gives a good impression.

Vongeo

04-25-2014

Riot isn't concerned with keeping lore around! She got retconned!

SecretLore

04-26-2014

yeah those eyes are part of her fake appearance she takes on when she is imitating the lissandra the ice dervish,they only mimic functioning eyes.

What I think is a bit more glaring is that when Quinn hid herself from Lissandra it looks like Lissandra didn't notice quinn,but if Lissandra is able to see through the ice around her,shouldn't she have realized quinn was there?

On a side note,I would love it if we get a lissandra-skin that depicts her as the ice dervish.

Gentleman Gaston

04-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
yeah those eyes are part of her fake appearance she takes on when she is imitating the lissandra the ice dervish,they only mimic functioning eyes.

What I think is a bit more glaring is that when Quinn hid herself from Lissandra it looks like Lissandra didn't notice quinn,but if Lissandra is able to see through the ice around her,shouldn't she have realized quinn was there?
Oh, but I think she did see Quinn. Lissandra is ancient, and she's been plotting this for a very long time.

Quote:
Lissandra knew corrupting the Frostguard would take centuries, and so she launched her greatest deception. She murdered and stole the identity of the Frostguard leader. Then she slowly began to warp the tribe's proud traditions. When her human form grew old, she faked her own death and then murdered her successor to steal her identity. With each generation, the Frostguard grew more insular, cruel and twisted. Today, the world still sees them as a noble and peaceful tribe that guards against evil creatures like the Ice Witch. In truth, they now serve the witch and long for the glorious return of the Watchers.
Remember, she chose her current incarnation to have her real name. She didn't just do that for kicks, and she didn't choose now to join the League for kicks either. Lissandra is a puppet-master, and I doubt anything she's done or let known about her/the Ice Witch was an accident.

SecretLore

04-27-2014

yeah but i am not sure what would be the point in letting quinn live?

Gentleman Gaston

04-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
yeah but i am not sure what would be the point in letting quinn live?
Quinn lived to tell the story. Now the world knows that the "Ice Witch" is real. Perhaps a clever ploy to draw attention away from what Lissandra is really up to? I'm not sure. Plans within plans, that one.