I love the new honor system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittyrina

10-04-2012

I'm starting to see a positive effect on my games too. You still get the hardcore trolls, ragers, and whiners. But it feels like the overall community climate shifted towards the better, with the introduction of honor.

I don't care whether a good amount of it is fake or not. A lot of people fake being nice in public in real life too, even when they're actually complete jerks on the inside...because that's what you do in polite society.

Reducing the toxic nature of the community somewhat has a compound effect too, I think. Like I'm normally pretty friendly in games, and it's easier to remain that way and not shut down in chat, if I'm not being raged at as frequently. Less rage from the ragers = more friendliness from the friendly players.

Besteau

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
It feels so good to end a match and get surprise "candy", Especially from an opponent.

Spo0nm4n

10-04-2012

I just wish you could dishonour or leave negative feedback for people that afk, troll etc.

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I love it aside from the people that just assume I'm being nice simply for honor and that I wasn't nice before :-(

SaiGarKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Honor was amazing and ty so much riot for implementing it. It has made the overall experience much better.

However I feel there is so much passive aggressive commenting in the games i play now. People spend more time typing "nice" remarks and then die because they are typing... its actually getting alittle frustrating.

Vader Dark

10-04-2012

Any niceness is good niceness even if it's all a fake. People being overly nice in the hopes of potentially earning rewards beats the heck outa the cacophony of rage in most games.

+1 to Riot

Jenny Wakemen

10-04-2012

Quote:
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
Well for me, I have a muscle memory of checking my score, and then clicking ''play again''
Being able to go '''OH YEAH. that Lee Sin was really cool.'' -> recently played ->Lee Sin->Honor' would be nice.

Hexenir

10-04-2012

Quote:
On a related topic, it annoys me the fact that I can't see recently played people. If for any reason I wasn't able to add them right before the match - PvP.net disconnect, LeagueClient crash - I lost the opportunity forever D:

yeah, I know about the Recently Played tab, but it doesn't apply to the exemplas I mentioned.

Turbo164

10-04-2012

Quote:
A Tribunal-style chatlog would be kinda handy. I honored a guy the other day for teamwork because he ganked lanes and sacrificed himself to save teammates and whatnot; then a few seconds after I clicked the button, he said in postgame chat "We rocked you m*****f******" or something, and I was like "oh yeah, he was doing that ingame too...crud. *looks for un-honor button*"

iimthomas

10-04-2012

you guys should add dishonor now and make honor and dishonor show up when you hover over their names. now we will really know whos bad and good while in char select