FPS Drops - Please Help - Since Late September Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Some Wizardry

10-03-2012

Hi,
Recently, past few days, my game client has suffered majorly and I cannot play the game fluently anymore. I used to play the game at 60 FPS on high graphics, however now, just recently after the small patch after the release of Kha'Zix, I have to play the game at 30 FPS on lowest graphics.

I am currently playing other games like Skyrim on high at 60 FPS and I cannot think of a problem on my side.

I have tried doing the following things;
- Defragmentation
- Virus Scan
- Repairing the game
- Drivers for everything

So, I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to improve my FPS.

Computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD A8 3530MX Quad Core 1.9GHz Over-rided to 2.4GHz with AMD 6620G
AMD 6750M
8GB Ram

I have tried both Crossfire and not crossfire and to no avail there has been no improvement.

lcy Lemonade

10-03-2012

It is what happening to me now. I got a A10 quadcore with adm hd graphic 7660G and my FPS just stay at 30~40. And it never happen before. I can play most high-end games on mid-high setting with no problem.

Some Wizardry

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcy Lemonade View Post
It is what happening to me now. I got a A10 quadcore with adm hd graphic 7660G and my FPS just stay at 30~40. And it never happen before. I can play most high-end games on mid-high setting with no problem.
Uh, re-installed and re-downloaded the whole game, my FPS is not normal but slightly improved, now runs at 45FPS which is playable for me.

Some Wizardry

10-03-2012

bump

Aliothale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I'm having the same problem. I stopped playing League because of this. The client or patching system is just broken.

I'm going to try and re-install League. I used to get a steady 60 fps and only dropped to around 50 during intense teamfights. Now it drops from 60 to 30 everytime a minion or champions appears on screen.. just overall choppy framerate and sluggish movements. Holding the spacebar drops it even farther below 30.

twotails12

10-03-2012

same thing, normal 50-60 fps, on high. now recently its at 30-45 the whole game and when things get intense (aka team fights, or just randomly) it will drop to 3-5, i changed the settings to medium but that didnt change .

TheMask336

10-03-2012

ya did all that too its not our pc.....mine started soon after the last sept patch :/

Some Wizardry

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliothale View Post
I'm having the same problem. I stopped playing League because of this. The client or patching system is just broken.

I'm going to try and re-install League. I used to get a steady 60 fps and only dropped to around 50 during intense teamfights. Now it drops from 60 to 30 everytime a minion or champions appears on screen.. just overall choppy framerate and sluggish movements. Holding the spacebar drops it even farther below 30.
I think they screwed something up with the minions or something. I am still going down to 30FPS and it will never go any higher. Even if I have everything on high, or low, it is still 30FPS. Bump

GLOCKasaur

10-03-2012

same here
BUMP

Naziru

10-03-2012

Same here, its dropped to low 30s during normal play and it just tanks whenever theres aot of abilities happening, also ive noticed certain characters trigger it particularly often, for instance pulsefire ez everytime he uses essence flux insta drops it.