How to get "Unskilled Players" banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goblintwo

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We don't ban people for being bad at things, we just ban them for being a jerk, so I don't think that would apply in this case.
The funny thing is that you guys can't say that your system is perfect and is never wrong, because we would know that's bull****. But when asked the hypothetical of bans or when others protest their bans, you act as if your system is perfect and couldn't be wrong. Therein lies the fallacy of your entire system. You actually *think* it's perfect, but can't say so because you know how much bs that is.

StormbreathDragn

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchdoggie View Post
Wait, does reporting someone for unskilled player help? I never do it, but if it helps them get to their rightful ELO I'd be happy to start.
It's used to collect data to tweak normal matchmaking, in case someone's getting matched way above or below where they're supposed to be.

Normal matchmaking.

Not ranked.

It says directly in the tooltip when you select this report option that it's for non-ranked play. It will not make them lose more Elo (or gain less), it will not take away Elo if they get enough reports, it will not flag down a Rioter to come subtract their Elo.

MrTalon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We don't ban for that. But we do collect the data and use it for a few things.

There should not be a punishment for being bad at the game. However, we do want matches to be fair, etc. It's one of many data points we can collect.
What do you use the data for? New mm system?

pls gooby i beg.. new mm seestum

Tuscarora Blaze

10-06-2012

When is an actual Rioter with actual LoL knowledge going to post?

DamnYank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpert Rigged View Post
Zileas I have no problems with people that aren't as skilled as myself at this game. One thing I've noticed however is I'll often times be matched with people who have about 160 wins while I have close to 500 wins. On the opposite team I might be matched against one or two people who have 1,000+ wins. So not only am I going against someone who has far more experience than myself, but the person on my team with 160 wins is FAR outmatched as far as experience goes. Why does this happen? What sort of metrics are used to determine a matching such as this? Is number of games played taken into consideration in the matchmaking system?

This is something that has been bothering me for awhile and I would very much appreciate an answer. Thank you.
Number of games does not correlate, at least not to any significance, with skill level.

Here are a few counter-examples.

1. Somebody who played other MOBA-style games before coming to league of legends (see oRb Yazuki, who started 14-0 in ranked play, and was in the 1800s with people who had probably 50 times as many wins, but he was still the better player.)

2. My roommate is an avid fan of the game and plays a half dozen games or more per day. Probably has over 600 wins. To him, flash clarity is the best summoner spell combo on malzahar because "he runs out of mana too fast." (Malzahar has to try REALLY hard to run out of mana...). Does his 600 wins make him better than me, with 100 wins?

The answer to that rhetorical question is no, just so we're clear.