Why do people say that Atmas's sucks now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layorz

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Itemization is situational


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hierarch DF

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Suppose u have 4000 hp, then u only get 60 bonus dmg. now. However, before that nerf, u got 80 bonus dmg. Consider the gold value of 20 dmg. in game, then u will get the answer. Btw, 45 armor won't do s*** through mid-late game, which means, Atma is not a real defensive item like GA or FH or Randuin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levgre

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaoil View Post
Itemization is about a lot more than having something that minimally synergies with your champion... armor itemization has better alternatives for bruisers than a crit cloak + chain vest + BF sword.
Obviously Atma's (and any other item) should be used on champs that synergize with the stats, don't be willfully dense.

You forgot the one big thing. Those three items take up THREE slots. And Atma's is still much more cost efficient.

There are actually builds that would prefer to avoid some certain armor/damage items, in which Atma's perfectly supplies those needed stats so the player can focus elsewhere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JLawLoL

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingstaEnx View Post
bruisers have no real use for crit

and you coulda just went BT and gotten more damage than atmas
Gangplank.

The one and only character that I still build atma's on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryswar

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
Case in point.
You are deliciously moronic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Because its damage is only a little better than Sunfire Cape now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
You forgot the one big thing. Those three items take up THREE slots. And Atma's is still much more cost efficient.

There are actually builds that would prefer to avoid some other armor/damage items, in which Atma's perfectly supplies those needed stats so the player can focus elsewhere.
Name 3 champions that don't want GA, Randuins, Aegis or Frozen Heart(if you want to try naming AP's throw in an hourglass).

Atma's is like a gimmick offensive item that gives armor. Trinity force is the best bruiser offensive item.. its extremely slot efficient and cost efficient. Bloodthirster is the best pure AD item for AD scaling champs. Maw is great for resists/shield with high pure AD(for those scalers than don't AA as much). If you really want damage from AA's as a bruiser get an IE... the only downside to it is that it costs a fortune. However, you can probably get better defensive stats out of an IE Trinity build than you can with a atma's trinity build that does anywhere near comparative damage.

Atma's does not give enough armor to be your only armor item.. and it does not give enough crit to be your only crit item. The ONLY thing it gives a decent amount of is AD.

I guess you could maybe argue for getting it against a team with no AP damage...? Beyond that i just don't get it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layorz

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
You are deliciously moronic.
You have made one post in this thread, and it's a baseless insult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layorz

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaoil View Post
Name 3 champions that don't want GA, Randuins, Aegis or Frozen Heart(if you want to try naming AP's throw in an hourglass).
Your two errors are assuming every player can only have one item with armor, and that the armor is the sole reason it is bought. Your argument is hinged of your own self-constructed requirements.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
Your two errors are assuming every player can only have one item with armor, and that the armor is the sole reason it is bought. Your argument is hinged of your own self-constructed requirements.
Please note that i compared it to other "damage" items in the rest of my post.

edit: Furthermore - please tell me how double dipping armor with Atma's is going to be extremely slot efficient? Aegis gives hp/mr/ad/aura for a lower cost.. so if you want "just a little more" armor then it will let you skimp on more defensive stats than Atmas. Atma's with randuins? That leaves you with 4 to get notable hp, boots, mr and other damage. Atma's with Frozen heart? Same deal. Atma's with Aegis? Honestly not the worst in the world but i personally think aegis works better with other armor items. Atma's with GA? pretty weak on the mr side with a lot of hp to catch up on. Atma's with Locket? Wait, locket is barely useful. Atma's with Madreds? Pretty low resists overall and crit + %hp semm like anti-synergy to me. Atmas + zhonyas? Ok, now i am just having fun...