Custom Sort Champ Select Features in Pipeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceplayer69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Hello Riot and Everyone,

I've long wondered as I am picking champs, since I own all but 5, about a custom sort menu. Much like the champion or skin tab, where you could sort your champions into 10 different groups for example, similar to the functionality of masteries and rune pages.

With this system in many games you would be able to fill that niche role at the last minute. For instance I'm middle pick and all of a sudden I know I need a jungler, but I'm not sure which one I want to play. If I could have a jungler tab that I could hit and then it pulls up everyone that I personally selected as junglers I play. (I could put all or just the ones I am comfortable with).

I think by sorting tabs like this, you would ultimately get a better picking experience and wouldn't feel so rushed to pick your champ from the role you needed at the last minute, given the shortness of que times. Furthermore you could even have tabs for just favorite champions, potentially this page could be further modded by riot to automatically select one of these at random if the player is afk and the list contains greater than 20 champions.

I'm not sure if Riot was planning on this customization in the future, but it seems like it would make champ select a lot less clunky, scrolling through the 95 champs that I own.

Thanks.

Aceplayer69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Bump

Teisel

10-05-2012

I was going to make a thread akin to this about "favorite" champions appearing together, so I wanna bump this idea.

I think people with a lot of champions would appreciate marking who is their current jungler preference or something

ACGIFT

10-05-2012

For those with a lot of champions (heck, even just 40 from buying the two digital packs) this would REALLY make champion select a lot less painful. Doesn't even have to be something too involved on the programming part: simply allowing someone, in their summoner profile, (under the "champions" tab) to create their own categories for sorting, akin to how you can do the same for the friends list. Would actually likely be more useful than any pre-designated sorting options, IMO.