Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

wow server down for 5 hours to maximise uptime? really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirgus

09-25-2010

lol to maximise the uptime... they arent maximize the uptime, they are minimizing the uptime for 5hours... even if the server will be online after 5hours then the server will go down for 2hourse because the traffic is to high blablabla... riot u make your costumers angry with your long downtimes... no other game developer need so much time

you thread your costumers like ****!

huber

09-25-2010

They need to start scheduling this ****. Last week it was on Thursday so the weekend uptime would be good to go. I didn't even plan on playing last night for that reason. Now I come home from work Friday night (weekend uptime right?) to play after anticipating playing my whole shift, bought some RP on the way home, and now I can't ****ing play during the time they claim they maintenancing for.

This wouldn't be so hard for us to work around if it was scheduled and no one would be able to complain. Some downtime once a week to assure performance is cool, but when it's this random you end up with pissed off customers (yes I am a ****ing customer I buy plenty of RP) and eventually they might stop altogether as I sit here wondering now if I'm going to ever look forward to playing again after work and buy some RP if I don't know for sure or not if I can even play when I get home.

Robanybody

09-25-2010

i agree with huber if they would scheduling the server downtime it would keep alot of people happy. Or even well advertised advanced notice

Vatigu

09-25-2010

I've not really ever had in game lagg, just server downtime and inability to start games in my experience.

Fernicus

09-25-2010

i still dont see why the downtime has to be forced into 1 day? why cant it be cut down and spread over a period of time.... im relating directly to eve online who has a 1 hour downtime period daily... which is scheduled and its not too long so its not as annoying.

Pistacio

Recruiter

09-25-2010

Would it be up by 2 hours?

Nickaasaur

09-25-2010

Same, I'm going to a party later, so now I can't play till Sunday D:

Runeterran

09-25-2010

God ****, another server-down QQ thread? When will all of you get it in your heads that they over-approximate most down-times so that people don't cry to mommy if it goes over their prediction? Its frickin' 5 in the morning server-side. Normal people (myself clearly not included) are sleeping or working late shifts.

Yeah, its kind of odd that they chose to do it on a weekend, but how late it is on the weekend is at least some indicator that they didn't just pick a time out of their ass.

Fernicus

09-25-2010

lol they didnt pick a random time... it was completely random dude? i played a match and then the queue is randomly down with no notice? if thats not random tell me what is... why not do the restart on friday when people arent around

Nanoburd

09-25-2010

Wow.....I woke up early just to play a game before I do my stuff this saturday too....why did I wake up so early.....=(

I agree, Riot should announce these maintenance shut downs earlier.