Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

wow server down for 5 hours to maximise uptime? really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fernicus

09-25-2010

well i gotta say ive never lagged but spending 5 hours on downtime is just plain old bullcrap.... they should do say and hour of downtime a day... and that give them more time and people will be less annoyed.... but forcing it all into 1 day is just idiotic.

Beardstorm

09-25-2010

God****it, riot. I get home from work, aching for a game... YAY RANDOM DOWNTIME. At the very least make a schedule for us players that set aside times in the week to play your game.

P.S. RAGE

Faeces

09-25-2010

PLay the Eu servers , no wait they are even worst . qq

Haruhiist

09-25-2010

Why do you guys do this every time the server is down, don't you get tired of it?

AngieBug

Recruiter

09-25-2010

ugh i just woke up and cant even play

Remoose

09-25-2010

Stop whining and get over it.
Go do something else for the mean time.

TonyFeelgood

Recruiter

09-25-2010

I wish some consideration would be given to people that aren't from america when shut downs are put in place

Robanybody

09-25-2010

this is really annoying for me as when i first started i dl the wrong cilent by accident. I am from europe and would really like the chance to switch my account to europe server as i dont really fancy buying all those rp again and spending a couple of months getting to level 30 again. Anyone else think the same as me

SoJexy

09-25-2010

Yeah! I totally hate this. I'ma go facecheck the Riot off-DEEEEEMMMMMMAAAACCCCCCIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verlisie

09-25-2010

They should put the server downtime on the "Latest News" in the client at least 2 days before it happens. Nothing pisses people off more than setting time aside to relax, then finding out that there's some random downtime that wasn't publicised widely beforehand.

It's like planning to go to a picnic at the beach and then there's a random thunderstorm.

If they had the decency to let us know about any downtime before hand, at least we could plan to do something else instead. If I knew the servers were going to be out now, I would have made arrangements yesterday or the day before to go chill out with my friends now instead of being stuck at home staring at the Server Status in big red Unavailable; because it is too late minute to rearrange anything in the next 5 hours anyway.

Seriously, if Riot restarts their servers on the basis of "Ooooh I think we should just restart the servers now hey, probably will improve stability don't you think". Then they have zero idea about the stability of their servers. If they did, they would have an idea of when the servers need restarting. All the data-mining they do and they can't tell when the busy time is, or how many games can be played between reboots.

I don't mind more common reboots. Just inform us way ahead of time. And don't overestimate by 100% just because you aren't sure how long it will take. That just shows you don't know what you're doing.