wow server down for 5 hours to maximise uptime? really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fernicus

09-25-2010

seriously this is rather inconvenient to say the least.... just woke up and played 1 match and now your telling me the game is gonne be down for another 5 hours....

Shasz

09-25-2010

yeah, oddball downtime eh? Won't be back until 11am my time, and by then I'll be doing other things. Sat morning *is* my weekend game time.

NoobinMcFeeder

09-25-2010

First off, the game is great, a lot of fun and the addition of new features has a great flow.

That said, the service, even for a free game, is often brought down a ridiculous amount. It's bad enough in this day and age for any company using servers to host games to have to bring their servers down on a weekly basis without having a system in place to smooth over when the main servers are down. The fact that LoL goes down so often and without much warning at all becomes irritating quickly.

Even though the reason given for this surprise maintenance is to 'maximize uptime during the weekend' (ironic seeing as it -is- the weekend), a cause that most people would likely see as just, it doesn't make these all too sudden and long downtimes any less frustrating.

I've been playing the game for a long while now and it has managed to remain interesting enough to keep coming back to but I'll admit I have yet to spend a dollar on the game. I'd love to grab some skins, maybe unlock a few other champions on alternate accounts, but the one thing that has kept my wallet in my pocket has been the shaky foundation the game seems to be built upon. Lag is one thing, but your maintenance periods are simply too sporadic and/or too long.

MeanNoob

09-25-2010

Life sucks I know.

But this is for the greater good.

DEMACIANNNN

Lightbringer6

09-25-2010

UGH i just got up at 6, to play some games, and some with my friend b4 he has to leave... AND i come to find out it wont be back till 11:00am. wahhhh. shoula slept in.

This better take out lag for the weekend or something to make up for it. or map..

Raigin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

The irony is not lost on me

MrKillSpree

09-25-2010

I agree, this is just plain reta-CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW!!!!!!

AdorableSatan

09-25-2010

I'd rather have 5 hours downtime now than have 2 entire days of unbearable lag.

MeanNoob

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdorableSatan View Post
I'd rather have 5 hours downtime now than have 2 entire days of unbearable lag.
Yep. Agree with that.

Could cost you games, like ranked games.

KawaiiSchoolGirl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

wait, so is the downtime starting from 1 hour ago, or is it beginning now? because it's a little more like 7 hours down.

p.s. Riot, I love you, but seriously you have the downtime at the exact same time every week, yet it's still unplanned. You might as well just call this scheduled maintenance.

p.p.s. Can you mix up the times for your unscheduled maintenance? Australia cops it sweet from you guys.