Salacia, the Blessing of the Ocean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

10-02-2012

Salacia is a ranged support, focusing on hindering her enemies as much as possible while protecting her allies with the healing effects of water.

Base stats:
Health: 410 (+65 per level)
Mana: 270 (+43 per level)
Attack Damage: 44 (+3 per level)
Attack Speed: 0.601 (2.3% per level)
Mana Regen: 7.0/5 seconds (.7 per level)
Movement Speed: 305
Armor: 9 (+3 per level)
Magic Resist: 35
Range: 525

Passive: Power of the Ocean
Salacia's abilities can imbue enemy and allied champions with different effects.
Allies touching Salacia's abilities gain Soothing Ripple, healing them over 4 seconds. The effect can stack up to 3 times, but each stack diminishes the additional heal. (1 stack = x1.0, 2 = x1.5, 3 = x1.8).
Enemies touching Salacia's abilities gain Waterlogged, decreasing movement speed by 20% and attack speed by 10% for 3 seconds. This effect does not stack.

Soothing Ripple: 15 (x Salacia's Level) (+0.6 AP) HP over 4 seconds.

Q: Wave Rush
Salacia thrusts a wave of water forward, dealing light damage and pushing enemies back.

Magic Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+0.5 AP)
Range: 525 long, 100 wide
Knockback Distance: 170/190/210/230/250
Cooldown: 17 seconds
Mana: 80 mana

W: Deluge's Blessing
Salacia gives an allied champion the endowment of her water control, giving them the effects of her passive on their next three basic attacks, or for 5 seconds, whichever come first. Their basic attacks also deal additional magic damage. Salacia cannot apply this on herself.

Additional Magic Damage: +15/25/35/45/55 (+0.2 AP)
Mana: 90 mana
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds

E: Jetstream
Salacia shoots a narrow stream of water, dealing magic damage to the first enemy it hits. If an enemy champion is hit, the effects of Waterlogged are doubled (duration remains the same).

Magic Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 (+0.7 AP)
Range: 700
Mana: 60/55/50/45/40
Cooldown: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds

R: Geyser
Salacia wills a massive, magical geyser to erupt from the ground after 1.5 seconds, dealing high magic damage. Enemy champions in the center of the eruption are knocked up, while those still in the blast range but not in the center are knocked away. An AoE effect is left on the ground for 6 seconds after the eruption, with each 1 second applying Salacia's passive to enemies and allies in the area.

Magic Damage: 200/300/375 (+0.8 AP)
Range: 800
Radius: 350
Mana: 140 mana
Cooldown: 125/110/95 seconds

RockLobster88

10-02-2012

It was on a very stormy night that Salacia emerged from the ocean on the shores of Bilgewater. Threatened by violent waves that tried to heave the docks away, the city was at the mercy of the water. However, with just a wave of her hand, the torrents calmed and the skies cleared. Not knowing whether the translucent female figure was an omen for an even greater power or coming of peace, the people of Bilgewater asked who she was. Saying her name, she said she was a gift from her father, the Sea Lord. How the people used her was not her problem.

Learning of her existence, the Institute of War swiftly conscripted her for use in the League of Legends. Perhaps this creature, this weapon of water, could be used for peace and settlement of disputes. Upon being inducted into the League, many of the Institute's members asked her for the location of the Sea Lord. At first she was silent on the question, but after much prodding, her fury came out, often leaving a mage in a pool of conjured water and near death. She will not divulge such secrets, and many learned the hard way it is best to not ask about such things.

LucentRaven

10-02-2012

I really like her passive. I especially like the amount of stacks diminishing the effect as well.

I think there's an existing champion with a skillshot push as well but I'm not exactly sure.

For her W, I don't really get giving them the passive. I'm sort of confused but is it the next 3 attacks, they gain a stack of her passive. Sorry I get confused really easily.

With her W, when you say doubled, does that also mean the duration is doubled as well. Oh yeah and it's a nice skill by the way.

This is an extremely interesting ultimate. By interesting, I mean great as well.

Ok, I like your concept but I can't really say much about it if it doesn't have numbers and there's not enough information for an in-depth review for me but good job anyway!

RockLobster88

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucentRaven View Post
I really like her passive. I especially like the amount of stacks diminishing the effect as well.

I think there's an existing champion with a skillshot push as well but I'm not exactly sure.

For her W, I don't really get giving them the passive. I'm sort of confused but is it the next 3 attacks, they gain a stack of her passive. Sorry I get confused really easily.

With her W, when you say doubled, does that also mean the duration is doubled as well. Oh yeah and it's a nice skill by the way.

This is an extremely interesting ultimate. By interesting, I mean great as well.

Ok, I like your concept but I can't really say much about it if it doesn't have numbers and there's not enough information for an in-depth review for me but good job anyway!
Sorry for not getting back to you right away. D:

Draven has a skillshot knock away, and Alistar has a targeted pushback. Syndra has a cone style pushback which is a stun combo on her balls. Other than that, not quite sure about a skillshot pushback.

For her W, it essentially gives a target the ability to apply her passive for the next three auto attacks. Mostly, this will apply merely the Waterlogged effect on enemies, which is good for chasing and harassing, but allies with the ability to make their auto-attacks AoE, like, say, Kayle or through Tiamat, it can also apply the healing effect of her passive on allies. For her own passive proc, since this is a targeted ability, it can only affect the target, so the ally will gain a stack of Soothing Ripple. Attacking will not proc the passive on the target. It's a weird ability, I probably should've clarified.

I think having the duration doubled will be broken as hell, so probably not doubled in length. The slow effect, though, would be increased to -40% MS and -20% AS for that three seconds, though.

I don't have Lulu, but I really admire the power of her ult; it acts as a great offensive initiate and powerful defensive bonus, without being too powerful. I guess that's where I got the inspiration for Geyser, but I also considered how to make it truly unique and to synergize with her passive. The AoE residual effect felt like it would keep giving to the team, even if the Geyser doesn't hit.

Unfortunately, I haven't been good with crunching numbers. I'll need to look at different base and scaling numbers for caster supports, like Sona or Soraka.

RockLobster88

10-04-2012

Added base and ability stats

RockLobster88

11-16-2012

Bumped for Nami