Why Even TRY Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voltairius

10-02-2012

I'm honestly done with ranked. It doesn't matter what elo I hit, I keep getting the 09 tops that rage so hard it isn't even a game anymore. It's just frustrating. I work my ass off to hit 1.3k. 5 straight losses. I'm positive in all of them. That didn't bother me. The raw, swearing, childish rage. Best part? You see them a day later, nothing changes. Neither the tribunal nor the match making system are even worth trying to change. Personally? I don't even want to play LoL anymore. I wish I could just have my money back and my wasted time. Why play a game you can't even enjoy because of one person out of five.
Ranked has so many matching problems, I don't even know where to start:
I don't even understand how Riot's servers match people, but it needs to CHANGE. Based on either W/L ratios or even elo, to an extent, is useless. Ragers can be carried. If anything, it should be based on ingame stats, Going 13/2/13 in the first five minutes? MAKE NOTE OF THAT. Why should that person, regardless of the match outcome, be placed with a 0/9/0 Top next game? The tribunal can only work so damn fast, and what it does is minimal.
The issue that can't be solved is the problem: Free to Play. Pre-School kids can log on and play. What CAN be fixed is adding a requirement of some sort to enter Ranked. Overall KDR/etc based. Something to distinguish good from bad. Let's be honest. It may sound unfair to new players, who can't play well, but who WANTS to go on a losing streak, get yelled at by their team, THEN feel like **** IRL?

Sounds like a rant? Somewhat is. Do I think I'm good? Hell no. I belong, at best, around the 1.3k-1.4k bracket. I'm no god. What I want isn't a free pass to gold, what I want is, to when I que for Ranked, get a team better than blind pick. I take that back. I GET better teams in blind. Ranked's match system should be DIFFERENT and UNIQUE, not just throwing in a rank and basing it off that.

SovietBlade

10-02-2012

When I see this much anger I remember why god invented lube.

AlmightyFork

10-02-2012

Make friends. Play with them.

Hams3ll

10-02-2012

You need to seriously take a break from LoL if you just keep playing with that same attitude you are not going to rise in elo. You need to all ways think what could I have done better. I understand there many players who troll/ just don't know what they are doing, though again look back on your lose and ask yourself what you could have done differently. Say if you were a support you could have warded more rushed the ageais so that the team would be tankier. If you were mid did you gank other lanes even though you have a jungler. Top did you protect the buff on your side. Things like that you need to analyze about your games. I had dropped from 1000 something elo to like 930 somthing elo, and now from just trying to help the team to have the highest chance of winning I am now 1043 once again. You can't just ride the free elo train with Siv HD just because you are a good player this isn't Call of Duty. You are going to get bad players on your team since everyone is not going to play at their best. I know you have had bad games as well and you didn't like it when people raged at you. So really just try and be nice help and keep trying and you can rise in elo.

BringYourOwnBone

10-02-2012

everytime you get a feeder lane, think it like a Riot's test to see if you're worth ascending in the elo race, by looking at your carrying skills, when that happens, be polite, do something good for the whole team and give a friendly advice to the player, unless he's a troll, he wont be feeding on purpose. those are my 2 cents

Dsg19319

10-02-2012

A good enough player can carry a bad elo to the top. So just try to work and become that player. Then you will eventually get to a higher elo