{Contest Results} Flash Contest #2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

10-02-2012

I have added you in game so we may talk about this.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatterSyndra View Post

Death Crave-
Unfortunately I was unable to judge this one as it does not have stats.
I would like to point out my champion had stats listed on a scale of 1 to 10.

I followed the contest instructions pretty well, since the example for stats was you may either use actual stats, compare them to a character, or say from low to high.

1 out of 10 is accepted as a form of low to high prettymuch everywhere.

Chris017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I just noticed that MadHatter Syndra and Havoc202 are neither an Elder Judge nor a Judge themselves. This contests have been defiled by this two fake judges. Please go away you two, I'm asking both of you nicely as you have trolled enough in the contest.

I'll be coming back again to be judge BUT only by the Elder Judges (FlamesofTerror, Styrgwyr and Pethrax) I don't care if someone else comes and judges my entry.

Havoc202

10-03-2012

Chris017, I was asked to judge for this contest by Flames himself, and I am going to guess that he asked syndra to do so as well. So before saying this is defiled because we aren't on the judges list, then ask before making a rude remark

Chris017

10-03-2012

Isn't it a bit rude enough to grade someone without giving them more fleshed out details on why so or even the chance to defend them? Guess that isn't rude enough seeing you're not a contestant.

If FlamesofTerror did made you judges, I'm not seeing your names on the list so I'm assuming no since I only go for what is officially posted.

Ward VG

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris017 View Post
Isn't it a bit rude enough to grade someone without giving them more fleshed out details on why so or even the chance to defend them? Guess that isn't rude enough seeing you're not a contestant.

If FlamesofTerror did made you judges, I'm not seeing your names on the list so I'm assuming no since I only go for what is officially posted.
I've talked to FlamesofTerror and they are both judges.. Which, tbh if you used your eyes and noticed that he actually have posts after them, meaning that he have been here after they posted their judgement, is pretty obvious.

Also, this is a contest. At the deadline you present a product. That product is then to be judged as harshly as the judge find it fit.
I don't like posting stuff like this on forums, but to be completely honest the only person being rude right now is you.
These people took time out of their day to review and judge your concept and to add some activity to these forums, and all you are accomplishing in making them never want to do that again. Hooray for a boring eventless forum! -_-

If you want to know what you did wrong, do like me, and ask nicely. Or alternatively look back at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2615370 and see if there is any of these things your concept was lacking.

Now, lets drop this useless discussion and get rid of this negative mood.

proXc

10-03-2012

Chris I'm going to do an honest review of your champion just to see if I can relate to the scores Havoc and Syndra gave you because even on some of the less developed champions I think my lowest score given in the last Flash contest was 13 I think. To get a 9 from Havoc is pretty low, so I want to see for myself what happened there >.<

Kilar

10-03-2012

Wow that escalated quickly. But I'd like to request more details on my review especialy from syndra as I am confused on how she graded (not comlaining, just asking) I think we had miscommunication because she is Canadian and I am American, (just a joke don't freak out anyone)

h0vlol

10-03-2012

O.o Im American, and to everyone....add me in game and i will talk to you in there. And I was asked to judge this contest and I excel at numbers so....Yeah

proXc

10-03-2012

UNOFFICIAL JUDGING OF CHRIS017

Chris017 [Total 15/30]
•Passive
•Clarity 1/1 - It's pretty clear to understand.
•Balance 0/1 - True damage equal to 25% of both AP and AD at the same attack speed makes me wonder if you mean BASE stats or ON-DEATH stats - see this.
•Theme/Class Sync 0/1 - A specifically jungle champion shouldn't have an on-death passive, and the fox is not violent in the story.
•Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1 - I'm not seeing any synchronicity except maybe dying because you carry alot of CC.
•Originality (B) 1/1 - Giving you this point is only because you differentiated on how Kog'Maw's passive works, but overall, it's the same - less controlled.

•First Ability
•Clarity 1/1 - No misunderstanding here.
•Balance 0/1 - Havoc gave you 0 here, I think because it's probably underpowered as is - see Gangplank's Parrrley (which can crit!).
•Theme/Class Sync 0/1 - Gangplank was originally an AD carry that would end you by end-game. Why is an AP version of GP's signature move, on a jungler?
•Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1 - I think it's a good idea that you want to farm gold better with an AP jungler, but that's items and ratios, not sync.
•Originality (B) 0/1 - I see why he gave 0 here - see above.

•Second Ability
•Clarity 1/1 - It's clear enough for me to know it's too strong.
•Balance 0/1 - The main problem is that it taunts multiple enemies for up to 4 seconds, and when (not if) one of them hits the clone, they're dead - 100%.
•Theme/Class Sync 0/1 - This ability has no use in the jungle, except being super OP when invading with your team. The fox never cloned anyone.
•Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1 - This kind of makes everything else you do very much stronger than it should be.
•Originality (B) 1/1 - This has the same feel as Galio's ult but it's got an added warp to it, and he's not locked in place. Original albeit OP.

•Third Ability
•Clarity 1/1 - I'm not sure why Havoc was so down on your clarity, I'm understanding all your abilities word for word.
•Balance 1/1 - I find this hard to judge balanced because I'm not familiar with AP junglers. Quite a nice ability, I like, but maybe the numbers need work.
•Theme/Class Sync 1/1 - Theme wise I see no reason for MS boost or heal in the story. Class fits.
•Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1 - Combo W and E for an overkill on level 2. Pro players will do this - frequently.
•Originality (B) 1/1 - None of the previous traps have self-buffed a champion - good show.

•Ultimate
•Clarity 1/1 - I understand.
•Balance 0/1 - By itself I see some major flaw. You should die for this, enemies should kill you. If your last hit is bird, the final damage is hard to land.
•Theme/Class Sync 0/1 - It's not helping you much in the jungle, to be honest only your Q does - barely. Fox slows? Bird grants reach? Okay, but class is 0.
•Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1 - And not by itself, this is again securing a kill from any gank too easily - I get a strong feeling of this.
•Originality (B) 1/1 - Clearly a Riven ult in function, but the process is very different.

•Stats 1/2 - That's alot of mana for no reason. Overall it feels like the stats are "covering" for the fact that Dryce is an AP jungler, which I don't like.

•Bonus Content
•(Lore) Logic : 1/1 - Institute of war* lol. I do like that you made Dryce sort of human and ancient in mild ways. He wasn't strong enough, but he was ready.
•(Lore) Story Flow : 1/1 - Story flows, so I'm using this space to say: The above is really the key to the Fairy Tale. Youth, humanity and wisdom.
•Picture/Animation/Quotes/Etc : 1/1

Summary: Well man, I can say that I think Havoc might have judged you a bit too harshly, and Syndra maybe a bit more leniently than me. I would wait for the other judges to show their score and take into account the average score.