How do you build Kha'Zix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToxicHugh

10-03-2012

i bought Kha and played a few games with him but what confuses me is how to build him. boots 3 hp into either mercs or Armour boots (depending on what i need) then a brutalizer, blood thirster and then i kind of get stuck. iv stacked BT's on him but made him squishy and dick! i hesitate weather or not i should go frozen mallet to atma's, or GA and Maw of Malmortius.

early to mid game i go alright but i just dont have a build i can follow and know it works. if anyone can suggest or recomend a build that allows me to thrive and still be mad bursty as well as a bit tanky, that would be mad!

Chris Spencer

10-03-2012

Honestly I've tried quite a lot of builds, and their really isn't a mainstream build for him yet that everyone can agree on.

Straight up damage seems relatively good, but you become horribly squishy in the process.

One build I found good ends with the following items:

Trinity Force
Infinity's Edge
Atmas Impaler
Warmogs
Maw of Malmortius
Magic Resist Boots(W/e there called xD)

That's one that while experimenting I found quite durable.

At the moment, Kha'zix is mostly experimentation. You can do amazing with doing nothing but damage items and having only 2200 hp at level 18 and 50-80 magic resist/armor one game. Then you can get decimated the next with the same build and no clue what happened.

The above build generally puts you at an equilibrium but I will in no way say its the absolute best, just the one I found the most impressive.

Hope this helped

summonzorz

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Start with dorans blade or boots.
I usually get merc treads, or ninja tabi for boots.
then phage for sustain or if your getting semi-fed, go for a wriggles lantern first.
before turning the phage into a frozen mallet, buy a heart of gold.
then finish the frozen mallet. i know this isnt alot of damage right off the bat, but if you utilize his Q properly, you shouldnt need anymore damage than this early-mid game.
if your still needing more defense, turn the heart of gold into randuins omen.
after that go for a infinity edge, or blood thirster. depends how fed you are getting.
from there depending on how the game is going, decide what items you need to either do enough damage to be sufficient, or if you need more defense because your getting torn apart.
this is how i build him.
also, if you need to know a good order to evolve his spells. evolve Q for damage first, then E and R last.
ive talked to several people that didnt know upon assist or kill, after evolving E the cooldown on it is refreshed.
Hope this helps. <3

vulpusrex

10-03-2012

I start with vamp scept, going towards bloodthirster, then levithan, then attack speed boots, then 2 red zeals whatever they are called. As far as abilitys, the Q takes priority for me with the R being low man for upgrades, i evolve Q first then E then R if the game goes that far, so far ive been very very succesful with this build.

Siky

10-04-2012

Hear me out, it breaks the norm and it's been relatively consistent for me regardless of how good or bad my team has been unless they just flat out troll or throw the game by feeding a hyper carry on purpose.

- Boots + 3
- Wriggles if you can straight up buy it when you back, otherwise just Madred's Razor
- Brutalizer, then finish Wriggles if you haven't already
- Guardian Angel + Oracles if the enemy has stealth or is heavily warding due to your ganks
- Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabis

From there you can finish your build with:
- Frozen Mallet + Atma's Impaler
- Wit's End + Randuin's Omen / Frozen Heart
- Force of Nature + Randuin's Omen / Frozen Heart

Really depends on the team comp you're up against and how they are doing in their respective roles.

This build focuses on evolving W, E, Q and maxing out R, W, Q, E in that order.

Try it out before disagreeing, it's consistent and reliable. You can still snowball your build so that you can just start jumping into groups of people and unloading W for huge AOE and snapping what's left with Q if they are low enough and survive as well and isolation still makes you do relatively the same amount of damage on squishies, however you do noticeably less damage against tanky champs, but you can also take much more damage.

Only time I've done bad with this build is when someone had the uncontrollable urge to continue suiciding into the enemy after seeing evolved W on KZ as the first evolution. All I can say is try it, it hurts at a range that KZ often gets stuck in which is not beside the enemy.

When Pigs Flew

10-04-2012

I generally focus completely on AD. Late game, though, I shift into attack speed and crits so I can take out squishys without abilities.

Boots/pots first, but I generally get a mix of 1 health and 2 mana, because my W is my main harass.
First recall back, if enough, get a BF sword. If you think you're going to need to be a bit less squishy, grab double dorans blade, and finish boots into either mercs treads, or, if you're doing especially well, CDR boots. After those, a BF sword should be first priority.
Vampiric scepter next, building into a Bloodthirster. I pretty much always has near max stacks on it because of his awesome creep farming from the W.
Start building towards Infinity Edge. I generally grab the pickaxe first, then BF, and save up till I can buy the whole thing.
After that, Zeal into Phantom Dancer. That's about the farthest I've gotten.

I know the build lacks CDR, but I've honestly done just fine without it. If I REALLY need it, there's the elixir of brilliance, and the enemies blue.

Evolution: W Q E
(If I'm finding myself more involved in teamfights, evolve my E second for maneuverability.)

Skill order: W Q W E W R W W Q Q R Q Q E E R E E

I always go solo top lane. I really want the experience to rush my evolutions, and even if they have a duo top for some reason, evolving your W let's you harass both at the same time. The only lane I've really had problems with was a malzahar and shen lane, and even though I was 0/4 at one point, I ended up pulling up to around 11/6.

During teamfights, I stay around the edges, throwing in W's and pouncing on any runners. It's important to stay out of sight so you get the slow+magic damage bonus on your W.

I'm still learning Kha'zix as well, so if anyone has some criticism, it'd be appreciated.

kenoin

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicHugh View Post
i bought Kha and played a few games with him but what confuses me is how to build him. boots 3 hp into either mercs or Armour boots (depending on what i need) then a brutalizer, blood thirster and then i kind of get stuck. iv stacked BT's on him but made him squishy and dick! i hesitate weather or not i should go frozen mallet to atma's, or GA and Maw of Malmortius.

early to mid game i go alright but i just dont have a build i can follow and know it works. if anyone can suggest or recomend a build that allows me to thrive and still be mad bursty as well as a bit tanky, that would be mad!
As an experienced Kha' player with jungle; you want to build him to the point were your damage is enough then you worry about living long enough to do something. Wriggles, into brut then phage works really well for being that big bully. If you're having mana problem's early game get a sheen... if you're having damage issues you might want to either decide on Ghostblade or Lw all though Lw is a far better choice.
Best way to build Kha' is just like you build a adc that needs to be more hefty.
Tri-Force is good.... Early BT is amazing. if you have a soraka on your team that has good awareness spirit vistage will save your life. if you're top you can ignore BT mid game and grab wriggles for a free ward. if you're jungling no doubt you'll already have one. I saw a build that wanted to build per/5 early.... Just a heart of gold... This guide i was very frowny with. i play kha'zix to be an assassin Not a brusier most often i get fed. I've never gotten to build a full Kha'zix due to his mid game burst damage.
Ability wise, i take R<Q<E<W i do not evolve W cause i feel it's a waste. Q is first then E then R for evolving. Late game you're going to be focused hard and that 40% reduced damage means the work if they waste abilitys while it's up.
If you play kha'Zix top... you might want to try him in the jungle... and if you're having trouble in the jungle getting cloth armor and 5 hp pots... isn't a bad thing. it'll slow your ganks down but you'll be very strong in the jungle.