Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WontBeForgotten

10-02-2012

Just as the title says. How do I play Rengar? Anyone got links to pro players that play him? I bought him and I totally suck with him. Dont know his skill build or item build.

silverspoon5ever

10-02-2012

R>Q>E>W

boots 3, or cloth 5 if you get someone tough

then follow my 2 step program to winning top lane

1. get first blood
2. give out honor to the top you owned

or

1. lose first blood
2. call the cops, surrender at 20, commit su do ku, and meet kurt kobain in heaven and watch him top as jayce

A Master Shaco

10-02-2012

Faceroll your keyboard while simultaneously right-clicking.

There ya go, Hope I helped

FineyLeee

10-02-2012

Here's how I play him: Jungle.

10 ArPen rest AD reds and quints, armor yellows mr/lvl blues
21/9/0 masteries
skill order QEWQQRQWQWRWWEEREE
cloth5 > razors&boots > necklace > wriggles > treads > mallet > situational

start red. Make sure you kill the last little monster with your 4th Q. Go to gank (top if purple, bot if blue) from behind. Sneak into bush, stay away from minion vision. Jump from bush when in range, immediately after use E. Then double-Q. First blood. Almost never fails.
Go back to jungle, farm til you have 1050, (give blue to mid), go shop. Keep ganking and jungling.

General guidelines:
Don't prioritize ganks in mid until lvl6. You just won't be able to gank that well without utilizing the jump.

Rengar is an exceptional counterjungler as well. If you don't wanna gank at lvl2, consider doing red > wraiths > make sure you have 4-5 stacks > go hide in enemy redbush and wait for enemy jungler to do his red. Jump on top of him when red is about to get into smite health, that will make him panic and fire smite early or not at all. In any case, you should be able to kill him pretty easily.

I also like to use the lane bushes when I gank (that requires your opponent to have a slight push for it to work optimally). They are much less often warded than the river.

Ferocity control is everything with Rengar. With 0-1 stacks you are useless and should never engage in a fight. With 2-3 stacks, you will be able to unleash your full combo, but it will take time. At 4-5 stacks is where Rengar excels. Engage from a bush and double-Q the opponent. Then be ready to use ult, either to get away, or to recharge ferocity and finish him. If you cannot engage from a bush, but you have 5 stacks, here's a trick: Press QR (very quickly), then run close to your opponent until the millisecond you have full ferocity, then attack him and do double-Q. You have now landed three Q's, out of which 2 were ferocity ones.

Hope this helps a little!

m sajid m m

05-01-2013

thanks

William12726

05-01-2013

Top Lane
Start Elixi-

:*(((((((((((

DN Caibre

05-01-2013

Quote:
silverspoon5ever:
R>Q>E>W

boots 3, or cloth 5 if you get someone tough

then follow my 2 step program to winning top lane

1. get first blood
2. give out honor to the top you owned

or

1. lose first blood
2. call the cops, surrender at 20, commit su do ku, and meet kurt kobain in heaven and watch him top as jayce

I really hope you meant Seppuku.

Darklarik

05-01-2013

You wait till they rework or buff him. Rengar is **** right now.

CyanBloodbane

05-01-2013

necro....

still, watch dekar173 if you think rengar is weak