Changing the map all around

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PentaAsian

10-02-2012

So I am posting this about a month after the "Push the Lane" episode came out where they talked about some of the advantages/disadvantages of purple and blue side. I am here to see if it would be better to have, not a complete overhaul of the map, but change it just enough to where it would be the same on either blue or purple side? I have seen this a lot in higher ELO play, not so much competitive play. I would just like to see what people's opinions are on this.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Watching tournament play by the pros, I don't have the stats to back it up, but I don't believe there is any significant advantage blue has over purple side. I do wonder if Riot can provide numbers showing if there is any statistical significant advantage one side has over the other on the map. Somehow I doubt it.

PentaAsian

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalisX View Post
Watching tournament play by the pros, I don't have the stats to back it up, but I don't believe there is any significant advantage blue has over purple side. I do wonder if Riot can provide numbers showing if there is any statistical significant advantage one side has over the other on the map. Somehow I doubt it.
There is an episode of "Push the Lane" where they talk about the amount of exp each side gets if they get their own wraiths for top on purple side and double golems for bot on blue side. They mentioned that it is inbalanced for bot against purple team because you get more exp out of it than top would on purple side with starting wraiths then going to lane. I wish I could find the episode and post a link there but I just can't find it anymore. The youtube page I saw it on was"IPLLOL" so if you want you can try and find it but I am 100% certain about the information that I am posting is coming from the episode.

Fiveofswords

10-03-2012

i think the most significant imbalance is based on the terrain aroudn the dragon. Its easer for the blue team to get at the dragon...and controlling dragon is just about the most important part of the mid game. So i tihnk purple has an advantage. But the team with the higher elo tends to be blue i tihnk, so it seems balanced.

mnun

10-03-2012

Obviously it's not balanced if you try to play locked screen. People are dinguses these days

TeknoWizard

10-03-2012

I like getting bot lane to DPS on my first buff. So on blue starting junglers, I prefer purple side by a long shot.