Skarner: God of the Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucifersrifleman

09-27-2012

I've been playing Skarner for a few games, loosing some, winning some and everything in-between.

I would love to know how to build this God of the Jungle as I have been building him with cool-down reduction and attack speed which combined with his passive makes my Q have a cool-down of near-nothing and my Ult around 10-30 seconds. I also throw in a few Ability power items in there just for good measure. I have a near-completed rune page for Skarner and a 0-20-0 mastery page. (inb4 you need to separate the skills).

How do I build this god of the jungle? Cool Down? Attack speed? Ability Power? Or the way I've been doing it?

Liam Jungle

09-27-2012

i think attack speed and ap would do best for scarner, cd does not really do much for scarner.

Lucifersrifleman

09-27-2012

I mainly get CD for his ult when I can't seem to get any type of farm what-so-ever. That's just me, though.

wrzp

09-27-2012

I like to build him as a mobile tank

MS quints, AS marks, AR yellow, MR/lvl blue

0/21/9 masteries (pick up movespeed and buff duration)

Start off boots + 3 pot building into philo and HoG followed by aegis and frozen heart/shurelias/randuins (tanky items depend on team comp).
If things are going well and you want some dmg, consider sheen -> triforce or gunblade (or just the cutlass).

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

You do not need CDR on skarner due to his passive. You want to build tanky with some AS.

I like boots 2, Heart of Gold -> Randuins, Philo Stone -> Shurelya's, Frozen Heart, Wits End

Then I vary my build here. I may get Aegis, Banshee's Veil, maybe Trinity Force, maybe Force of Nature (rarely). I'll sub out the Wit's end sometimes and get Trinity force and Force of Nature instead of Wit's end.

But I feel like the items I listed above are for the most part the best items to build on him. Core items for sure are:

Boots 2
Shurelya's (you need the gp5 while in jungle and the active helps SO much with initiates)
Randuins (gp5 and the active helps a lot for initiates and teamfights)
Frozen Heart (CDR, lowers enemy damage output, mana, and hefty armor)

Good luck!

TeknoWizard

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrzp View Post
I like to build him as a mobile tank

MS quints, AS marks, AR yellow, MR/lvl blue

0/21/9 masteries (pick up movespeed and buff duration)

Start off boots + 3 pot building into philo and HoG followed by aegis and frozen heart/shurelias/randuins (tanky items depend on team comp).
If things are going well and you want some dmg, consider sheen -> triforce or gunblade (or just the cutlass).
For the most part, this. I however say that you still want to build tanky before going for a Triforce, even if you're pulling ahead.

Also, Skarner is a great champ to pick up an Oracle's on.

Lucifersrifleman

10-01-2012

I put Deathcaps on Skarner.... I don't know, but I was just kicking so much a$$ with that...Stacked Death caps. yes, I as playing aginst low-levelers..

Dorsia

10-02-2012

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...er-build-guide

that's the guide i'd use, except i run mr/level blues. triforce is great, but just too expensive. If you had another tanky champ that was going to build an omen or frozen heart you could go sheen instead earlier.

but you have a lot of options in early building, either get boots first if u plan on ganking or get a regrowth pendant, upgrade to a quick shurelyas (the movespeed burst really helps you land an ult) or keep philo and get a heart of gold and aim for late game. really depends on the matchups and how your lanes are doing