Tiamat SERIOUSLY Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
When one bad teamfight can end a game, that's gg.
pretty much: ive done that in ranked games more times then i can count with tripples/quads coming from 1 well placed ult in a team fight we should not have won:

but then again this involves alot of factors how much cc they blew on my team, how much they are protecting me.

how dumb they are to run in blind, and not group up. use abilities to create space ect.

quad tiamt with lw hits for 11,343+ splash damage and can kill all 5 targets if the primary target dies from splash.

the primary target does not get affected with splash all units within 150 of your primary targets outside edge gets the splash

TheLastBaron88

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrmCkr View Post
pretty much: ive done that in ranked games more times then i can count with tripples/quads coming from 1 well placed ult in a team fight we should not have won:

but then again this involves alot of factors how much cc they blew on my team, how much they are protecting me.

how dumb they are to run in blind, and not group up. use abilities to create space ect.

quad tiamt with lw hits for 11,343+ splash damage and can kill all 5 targets if the primary target dies from splash.

the primary target does not get affected with splash all units within 150 of your primary targets outside edge gets the splash
Never actually ran the numbers on this. That is just insane. I feel it worth reiterating how much I hate the fact that the splash radius is less than melee distance! By a good margin, too. But with damage like that, the key issue for me is that you can't increase the radius of the passive without making it unique. And the radius is currently too small for the passive to even be worthwhile. I just can't see any reason to take Tiamat over Ionic Spark, currently. Other than to abuse the mechanics of certain champions' kits.

HellfireSoul

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroCryptic View Post
Tiamat overpowered? Your kidding right?
Tiamat is not overpowered at all. It's also not very popular.
It's an okay item on some champs (i.e. Shyvana) but useless on most (i.e. Ashe).
Not overpowered. Broken. There's a difference. Usually, things are broken in a way that renders them also overpowered, and they are often used as synonyms, but they aren't. Tiamat's passive AoE stacking is broken, but due to its incredibly small radius, it isn't overpowered at all should you be intelligent enough to notice the stacking occurring. This does not mean it should not be fixed. You can still measure the size of your notebook with the meterstick you broke in half, and you can still curbstomp morons with 6 Tiamats. It's just that Tiamat should be viably powerful outside of niche curbstomp stacking, and your meterstick should be whole for when you need to measure an actual meter.

TheLastBaron88

11-10-2012

So apparently I am getting my wish, and Tiamat is being reworked somewhat for season 3. Now I just have to hope that the changes are significant enough to make it desirable.

TranscendentSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

trollplank.

parrley a minon, kill a champion....