Tiamat SERIOUSLY Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

10-03-2012

Tiamat is better then people think but still only a decent option on a few picks.

Its a great way to have a sort of early sustainy damage item while also getting more pushing power.

Its also side penetration your damage on a less armored target now has more damage to the armored targets near by.

Imo, its great on twitch and kayle, and I think those two use it the best I think Fiora uses it a little less well but still capable with her.

Nishaven90

10-04-2012

You're not even level 30, why are you calling other players "terrible"?

Buy a single cloth armour and the ultimate will deal 0 damage because Fiora with 4 Tiamats and a Bloodthirster has no armour penetration.

TheLastBaron88

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
You're not even level 30, why are you calling other players "terrible"?

Buy a single cloth armour and the ultimate will deal 0 damage because Fiora with 4 Tiamats and a Bloodthirster has no armour penetration.
>implying that level is representative of skill. as to why, I should say that it is really a matter of perspective, which is relative. Maybe you might not find them so bad, though I doubt this. They did worse than me, by a lot at that. With the exception of our jungler, whose deaths only caught up to his kills after our bot lane had fed more kills to the enemy than he could gain for himself (and make no mistake, he was racking them up). But I don't throw such harsh words around lightly, and it is plain to see when your team is just bad. Often painfully obvious once teamfights roll around.
As for the armor, this is a good suggestion actually, and I thank you for it. Although I should point out that I was an assassin who isn't supposed to stick around in fights anyways, and also that the way armor and MR are tallied in the game means that you can never deal zero damage without your enemy using some special defensive ability. Best you can get I think is around 90% damage resistance, and that would require you to build no offensive items. Though you may have meant that as a hyperbole.

Fkin Be Rad

10-04-2012

Its called dont cluster**** and the tiamat will not hit anyone

TheLastBaron88

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootz is souless View Post
Its called dont cluster**** and the tiamat will not hit anyone
Not what I asked. I asked how it could be useful without being an exploit.

Linna Excel

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
That said, the single biggest issue I have with this item is that the splash damage stacks, allowing your attacks to splash into 200% of your AD if you build 4 Tiamats, effectively doubling (or tripling if it applies to your target) your damage output and allowing you to nuke whole teams. I think Tiamat seriously needs its splash damage effect to be a Unique Passive, with a splash radius increase in order to keep it competitive. Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions below.
Timmeh!!!

I've used it once or twice as I'm learning the game, but I've never stacked it before. Sounds like it could be a timmy item first and foremost, which is why it is allowed to stack. Don't bunch up, maybe build a little more armor or something to reduce attack speed. You could also change things up to deal with someone who's going to push hard since you'll probably be under tower a lot.

Great, now I want to try stacking it on Kayle awhile she's free to see what happens.

Johnny out.

Pethrax

10-05-2012

Alright folks, I seem to be seeing a general trend here, nobody has posted the actual stats of the Tiamat for the forum to see. Therefor, I will do so, and then say my honest feeling about this item.

Tiamat:
+50 Attack Damage
+15 health regen
+5 mana regen
Basic attacks splash for 50%, ranged splash for 35%. Radius of splash: 185.
Cost: 2070 Gold

Now, what most people aren't really considering is that this item gives 50 AD for just 420 G more than a B.F.Sword. And it gives regen on an impressive scale when you have 2. This makes it a very good lane phase item, as it allows you to stay in lane for quite some time, while maintaining a powerful presence.

Now it is true that champions whose abilities proc on hit affects can abuse this, you must see the possible downside. For example, 2 Tiamats cost 4140. A Bloodthirster costs 3000, and can give the same amount of AD, leaving you with 1140 Gold to buy an item that gives either the same HP regen, or better mana regen, since you may be playing a manaless champion. So, lets say you are playing Shyvana, since her Twin Bite in dragon form can use Tiamat's splash quadratically. For 4140 Gold, she can get 2 Tiamats, wasting the mana regen, for a Bloodthirster and a Recurve Bow for 4050, saving you 90 Gold, meaning you can afford a ward.

In all reality, I believe that while Tiamat is a good item, it is nonetheless less useful in late game, as it is only good on ADC's with mana, though it sacrifices much in the way of utility, and can only be abused if there is a way to force the enemy team into the splash radius. Otherwise, a similarly fed ADC building an actual build will be able to overpower the enemy easily.

Linna Excel

10-05-2012

Works with Kayle's E and it seems like the splash works with Irealia's W. That makes it interesting, and I'd want to test it out on other champs once I get them.

Aside from that I think it does 2 things well enough. One is the HP regen for lane sustain. The mana regen is okay, but doesn't make or break it either way. The other is it helps you push. If you are in a position where you want/need to push hard, it might help out.

I'd like to see more AD on it, but I don't think that's what its for.

3mptylord

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
A Fiora that stacks Tiamat has her ult, and NOTHING ELSE AT ALL she can do. She is an absolute one trick pony, nothing broken about it.
Not true. Tiamat is actually one of the better AD items. Yes, she lacks critical strike chance... but it's not like she doesn't get more AD, AS and MS for free. She's still perfectly capable of fighting. And that's assuming she only bought Tiamat...

But, that being said, Fiora crushed that game because she was fed and not because of her build. Fiora is in a small group of champions who can build pretty much anything due to how well rounded their kit is; she won because she was ahead, not because the build is particularly good.

Sonic Nova

10-06-2012

Tiamats don't stack as far as I know, and the reason most Fiora players will get a Tiamat is so her ultimate splashes. She probably got multiple Tiamats because each one has +55 AD and has a decent HP/MP regen rate, so she stacked them together to get more utility than anything else, but not to abuse some broken splash stacking affect.