Sona - My cashflow solution build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhipteo

09-24-2010

So I've been trying different builds, and one of the biggest obstacles I run into with Sona is difficulty getting cashflow. She's also squishy, which compounds the cashflow problem, it's hard to stay in fights.

So here's my solution:

Faerie Charm -> Philosophers Stone
(Here's your basic mana regen with some health regen thrown in.)
Amplifying Tome -> Kage's Lucky Pick
(A bit of AP for your Q and heal.)
Ruby Crystal -> Heart of Gold
(Health and a bit o armor.)

Now, I know what your thinking. Gold per 5 items are for noobs! Mabye they are. But mabye they serve the purpose of giving me health, AP, health regen, and mana regen, and they are all cheap. It also gives me the freedom to roam, move, do whatever I need to, as I have a small flow of cash coming in. But, mostly, they are not a waste if you build items out of them later.

So I'll continue...

Sorceror's Shoes
Zhonya's ring
(doesn't matter order of build, whatever you have enough for at time you go back.)
Deathfire Grasp (from your Kages)
Lich Bane

So all of that costs a total of 12415 gold, which isn't unreasonable for a game, especially when you consider that in 15 minutes the gold per 5 items will generate 1300 gold. (Those aren't the selling point, it's just a perk.)

So without runes you've got 325 AP, 15% CD, 22.5 hp5, 20 mp5, 200 extra health, 350 extra mana, +7% movement speed, etc. You've also got ZHonya's for that "oops" moment, or to avoid morg's stun on her ult, or MF's ult, etc. You've got deathfire to pop on someone, at 2k hp that's 600 damage, couple that with your 400 from Q, 600 from your stun, now you've proc'd lichbane for another 300 some damage (depending on armor), and your proc your passive for another 200 damage. I'm not saying your a carry in any way - but your holding your own and are still healing well, stunning and helping burn someone quick, so your team now has the advantage in the team fight. Plus your getting kills which = money. The cooldown reduction is great for using your stun more.

From there, you can do whatever you want, I then went:
Philisophers Stone -> Shurelya's Reverie (for more cooldown reduction and hp)
Sold Heart of Gold
Abyssal Scepter (for more AP and the aura)

*******http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6557/sona1.jpg********

Garridy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Just last hit its not that hard really. :/

The Reaver

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garridy View Post
Just last hit its not that hard really. :/
You should not be last hitting much as a support character. Let your carries do the farming.

FckMan

Recruiter

09-25-2010

lol. as zilean and before you judge i dont give a **** about this guy, i was afk and it picked this ******ed fool, only he wasnt really ******ed and i started raping fools with him, my last game with him was 9/0/22 haha.

start off with meki pendant. get tears with reg. boots since you have movement speed ability. and stack up kage's lucky pick. my runes is flat AP with mag pen marks so im hurting fools early. before you know it you can afford many things. convert tears to archangel. then grab whatever. after raking in kills/assist/cash per 10, started stacking RoA's and one rylai's. health ya know..

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
You should not be last hitting much as a support character. Let your carries do the farming.
Why isn't your carry (MF, Kog, Ashe, Ezreal, Tristana?) solo mid to begin with. Likely you are babysitting a tank or some such who can't get early kills anyways. So there is nothing wrong with farming a bit with last hits and the occasional Q so a slight breeze doesn't kill you

Celerity

09-25-2010

I don't have a problem with getting g/5 items on Sona, but I think the rest of your build is pretty silly. Magic pen isn't very strong, and then you get Zhonya's + Lich Bane without much total AP. If you're going to commit to this type of nuker build (which I don't think is good on Sona anyway), you really need Mejai's and Archangel's Staff to give you the base AP for Zhonya's and Lich Bane to amplify. You realized this, and realized Sona can't farm it, so you replaced the core items with g/5, but now the build is ****.

There is no point trying a build like this, Sona can't farm, and even if she's allowed to farm, other champions have much higher potential. In fact, you can probably carry harder as AD Sona, much like AD Soraka carries harder than AP Soraka. It's just a dumb build.

I can get behind early Heart of Gold though, Randuin's Omen is a pretty good lategame option for her.

Quantumprophecy

09-25-2010

So you spend 2540g on items that are mediocre by themselves, and then build into items that are mediocre on Sona, so that you can make 1300g 15 minutes later? That seems like a horrible idea.

Bomba Ucigasa

09-25-2010

With that score, a mejai would be really good...

Rhipteo

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
So you spend 2540g on items that are mediocre by themselves, and then build into items that are mediocre on Sona, so that you can make 1300g 15 minutes later? That seems like a horrible idea.
If you twist my words, you might have a point. I spent 1565 on 2 items I was later going to upgrade into items, it was money I was going to spend anyway. The fact that it earned me 1300g across 15 minutes was a perk, as I stated in my original post.

The heart of gold was some cheap HP that also paid for itself and more by the time I sold it. So by my accounts, I actually gained money and got the benefit of the items along the way.

Merana

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhipteo View Post
If you twist my words, you might have a point. I spent 1565 on 2 items I was later going to upgrade into items, it was money I was going to spend anyway. The fact that it earned me 1300g across 15 minutes was a perk, as I stated in my original post.

The heart of gold was some cheap HP that also paid for itself and more by the time I sold it. So by my accounts, I actually gained money and got the benefit of the items along the way.
Or you can get a locket.

- Gives much more health
- Gives much more mana
- Early catalyst procs
- Regen is aura instead of just you
- Is cheaper
- Has excellent proc effect that will add more oomph to your heal than 100 AP due to to your terrible ratios
- Only takes up 1 item slot
- 10% CDR

So you are getting triple mediocre items why?