[Suggestion] Allow comments to be sorted by rank.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

10-01-2012

On casually browsing the forums, I've come across quite a few interesting threads, and in these I've come across quite a few apt comments, often well recognized by their upvotes. Then there are those who, for whatever reason, typically get downvoted to the point where nobody gets to see them, while particularly apt comments may not spring up for 3, 5, 10, 50, 100, 500 pages - and who is going to read through all of that?

I myself sometimes read comments that immediately precede mine, if only out of curiosity, and sometimes these comments seem like 'front page' material to me. I'm sure Riot already has sorting algorithms at their disposal, so this shouldn't be terribly complicated to implement, and making it an option would allow viewers to return to the normal (time-based) flow of the thread.

What would be really nice is to be able to select a highly rated comment sorted for its upvotes, and then switch to the normal sorting to see the context and any replies, though I'm not sure how that would work.

Thoughts?

((Edited to ease readability and clarity.))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

10-09-2012

No feedback at all?