Wondering about jungle?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zektov

Member

10-01-2012

Lately I have been trying to get out of elo hell, and the last position to mater is jungle. Right now I am doing amazing jungling amumu, however he does get banned and I was wondering if someone could recommend another jungle champ.

I am a mess jungling ad, it just doesn't seem to work, so I am leaning towards ap.
I'm thinking about naut or mao, just wondering but what do u think about those 2 and who works better?

(I can jungle nunu, but he just seems to me to fall off in ganks and isnt the funnest to play as a jungle)

Thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lastchancexi

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Skarner's really strong. Mao is better than Naut right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knückles

Member

10-02-2012

I know that no one will believe this and I'll prolly get down voted just for daring to mention it, but Sejuani is an amazing jungler and an ap champ. IMHO she is easily the most underrated champ for jungling. She can clear the jungle very quickly and has amazing ganks due to enormous cc. At lvl 3 with one point in q,w and e she does great but especially from 6 on. Her ult has amazing range so it can be thrown from places other than just grass such as behind tree walls. Her charge can also go through the walls which makes for excellent undetectable ganks. She's also a tank so she has great durability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Maokai and Naut are both really good and have similar initiation styles to Amumu.

If you want a more "in your face" jungler who has stronger dueling, you could try Skarnar or Udyr...or shen if he doesn't get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Sejuani is like a poor man's Amumu.

Of the options, I'd go with Mao. I like Naut, but he's slow and easily invaded. Not the best option for that range.

Why is Nunu boring for you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJackAttack

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Skarner is amazing. Quick clears, benefits greatly from attack speed, perma slows with Q and moves real quick with W.
Level Q,W,Q,W,Q,R,Q,W,Q,W,R,W,E,E,E,R,E,E.

I start regrowth (build into philo ASAP), then boots, then HoG. I'll build a Kage's too (for morello's later) if soraka or mundo are on the enemy team. Once your GP/10 is rolling, build a sheen and build into Trinity eventually.

End game build is situational, wit's end is a great addition if the enemy team is MR heavy. Frozen Heart is always strong against comps with heavy AA damage. Aegis of the Legion is always a nice pickup if your support isn't grabbing it.

Core items are Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Shurelya's Reverie, Merc Treads.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-02-2012

im a 2k elo jungler. see here for in depth advice http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2456561


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valrcrist

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Skarner is amazing. Quick clears, benefits greatly from attack speed, perma slows with Q and moves real quick with W.
Level Q,W,Q,W,Q,R,Q,W,Q,W,R,W,E,E,E,R,E,E.

I start regrowth (build into philo ASAP), then boots, then HoG. I'll build a Kage's too (for morello's later) if soraka or mundo are on the enemy team. Once your GP/10 is rolling, build a sheen and build into Trinity eventually.

End game build is situational, wit's end is a great addition if the enemy team is MR heavy. Frozen Heart is always strong against comps with heavy AA damage. Aegis of the Legion is always a nice pickup if your support isn't grabbing it.

Core items are Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Shurelya's Reverie, Merc Treads.
Building Skarner tanky is actually much much preferable than trying to go damage on him imo. The main reason Skarner is good is for his ult, it's just completely game changing. If you build damage on him then if you try to flash ult a carry in teamfights, you'll just get exploded before you can pull them back. The way I build skarner is:

boots -> philo stone -> HoG -> mobi boots/oracle's (I try to get those at the same time) -> aegis or upgrade philo stone into shurelya's -> aegis/shurelya's (whichever you didn't get first) -> frozen heart -> force of nature -> randuin's.

This build path makes you almost unkillable, gives you great CDR, which is amazing on Skarner since it synergizes so well with his passive, and gives you great engage with the speed bonus from shurelya's/FoN. Skarner already has great AoE damage/teamfight utility because of his ability to spam Q and the attack speed boost from his W, so imo you're better off building in such a way as to keep you alive as long as possible so you can keep spamming that damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJackAttack

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrcrist View Post
Building Skarner tanky is actually much much preferable than trying to go damage on him imo. The main reason Skarner is good is for his ult, it's just completely game changing. If you build damage on him then if you try to flash ult a carry in teamfights, you'll just get exploded before you can pull them back. The way I build skarner is:

boots -> philo stone -> HoG -> mobi boots/oracle's (I try to get those at the same time) -> aegis or upgrade philo stone into shurelya's -> aegis/shurelya's (whichever you didn't get first) -> frozen heart -> force of nature -> randuin's.

This build path makes you almost unkillable, gives you great CDR, which is amazing on Skarner since it synergizes so well with his passive, and gives you great engage with the speed bonus from shurelya's/FoN. Skarner already has great AoE damage/teamfight utility because of his ability to spam Q and the attack speed boost from his W, so imo you're better off building in such a way as to keep you alive as long as possible so you can keep spamming that damage.
9 times out of 10 I would suggest wit's end over a FoN. Do you have any reason that FoN is superior to a Wit's End on Skarner? 40% IAS means you can spam your Q and W much more often compared with a FoN. Faster clears, stronger ganks, and you only lose out on 28 MR and a small amount of move speed to gain +40% IAS and some really effective on hit damage.

Also, Sheen is just tooooo good on Skarner to pass up. One of the highest base AD in the game, why wouldn't you abuse his spammy Q with a sheen proc? The sheen will win duels, and alot of times your support or top lane will be packing an Aegis already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valrcrist

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
9 times out of 10 I would suggest wit's end over a FoN. Do you have any reason that FoN is superior to a Wit's End on Skarner? 40% IAS means you can spam your Q and W much more often compared with a FoN. Faster clears, stronger ganks, and you only lose out on 28 MR and a small amount of move speed to gain +40% IAS and some really effective on hit damage.

Also, Sheen is just tooooo good on Skarner to pass up. One of the highest base AD in the game, why wouldn't you abuse his spammy Q with a sheen proc? The sheen will win duels, and alot of times your support or top lane will be packing an Aegis already.
I find that on Skarner I just don't need extra damage items given the fact that his Q is like an extra 80 damage every 1-2 seconds, and most importantly it's AoE. The reason I prefer FoN to Wit's End specifically is twofold:

Skarner has no natural gap closer aside from just moving really really fast. The 8% move speed on FoN helps me get into range faster and chase people down better. Also, FoN provides a LOT more tankiness than Wit's End does. The thing about Wit's End is that it's actually 46 MR less than FoN UNTIL you get 4 stacks up. That means, if I'm taking magic damage while trying to get into the middle of the enemy team, the extra MR from stacks does nothing for me. Over a prolonged fight, you'd also be surprised how good the hp regen on FoN is. If you have 3k hp (not too hard to reach on Skarner), you'll be regenning an extra 100 HP every 5 seconds JUST from FoN. It's certainly not a primary reason to buy the item over Wit's End, but it's really nice icing on the cake.

As far as Sheen, the thing is, sure it adds good damage early game, but Skarner already HAS good damage early game thanks to his huge attack speed steroid and the damage on his Q. More importantly, what do you give up for it? If you build it instead of Aegis, you're really delaying having any tankiness of your own. Going into midgame on Skarner with a build of boots 2 + Philo Stone + HoG + Sheen means that you're actually really really squishy. You have no resists from items (unless you go ninja tabi or merc tread's instead of boots of mobility), and your only HP is the 200 from HoG. That's a recipe for getting blown up in teamfights. Given the fact that in early/midgame teamfights Skarner's job is to dive into the enemy team and ult someone squishy, it's kinda bad for him to not build tanky, since it means he'll just die while diving. Aegis on the other hand, costs only 700 more gold than Sheen, gives you 30 armor, 270 HP, 39 MR, and 8 AD AND the aura bonus to the rest of your team.

Sure your support might be building one, but that's not a bad thing. Aegi works like WotA does, if you have 2 of them, the aura portion stacks on both people who have it, so that means that if you and your support both have Aegis, on top of the stats I listed above, you'll still get an extra 12 armor, 8 AD, and 15 MR, that's incredibly huge for an item that costs less than 2k gold. You're also providing that bonus right back to your support, which is really nice since a lot of supports have great teamfight utility, so helping them survive longer is actually really good.

Even with a Sheen, Skarner is never going to burst someone down. Given that fact, I just think it's much better to build him as a beefy front line character that can dive into the middle of the enemy team and ult someone, or just provide generally good AoE damage and disruption with his Q. Because Skarner's sustained damage is so good, he'll actually usually do MORE damage over the course of a fight if he builds tanky, than if he rushes a sheen, since he'll survive longer.

Also keep in mind that armor and MR are amazing on Skarner because he has his W, which provides a surprisingly decent shield, and damage done to you will be reduced by your armor and MR. This means that if you're only taking half magic/physical damage thanks to your armor/MR, your shield strength is effectively doubled.


12