AP Rune page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-01-2012

i have HP / level yellow or flat armor yellow

Which is better?

I use this page for Ahri, Annie, Veigar, Akali mostly, sometimes lulu or soraka

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

i would venture to say it depends on why you are using them

Late game ad's and are gonna make you hate life either way so armor while nice isnt something needed unless you are for whatever reason facing an AD mid like talon / panth / wukong.

If its to survive another ap's pre 6 burst than the HP/lvl may be better off in the long run.

another alternative is to get flat mr or mr /level instead though.

IamBonez

10-01-2012

I like to run Mpen Marks, Armor Seals, and MR/lvl Glyphs. I like taking a bit less damage from AD in the early game.

Phourc

10-01-2012

If you're going to grab maybe an armor item (Glacial, zhonyas, etc) I'd go health, or armor if you intend to build health-y items (sorcs, sweeper, haunting guise being a popular AP build).

Grantson

10-01-2012

Health per level yellow all the way. I'll give you 3 logical reason.

1. It spills over to all three physical, magical, and true damage's overall health efficiency protection.
2. If you go 0/21/0 with juggernaut you get 3% more health on top of that.
3. Many items uses health as bonus factor, such as Force of nature, Thornmail, Atma's Impaler, Maw of Malmortius.

** Contrary to what people believe. +%health damage are almost always magic damage (Kha 'Zix, Vayne, and a few other's are exceptions). and does not in any way make you die faster. The ratio of hits until you die stays equal despite having bigger damage numbers. Also armor rune offers no protection against magic damage to begin with so it's a tie breaker.**

lbgsloan

10-02-2012

Flat armour are early game runes. On Dominion they're mainly there to prevent ADs from doing true damage to you in the first couple fights, but quickly become irrelevant to your survival once the brutalizers start showing up. Most Dominion mages should be buying a FH, or at least an hourglass, both of which make that 13 armour more or less trivial to your final stats.

Health is defence against physical and magical damage, and most ADs have at least some magical damage in their kit. Health seals amount to a free Ruby Crystal, while the armour seals aren't even a free Cloth Armour. Unless you're a tank or bruiser who will be taking many punches to the face throughout the game, the health seals are generally always better.

GrignardTS

10-02-2012

I would say flat armor when going top. This will help for the time that AD Casters are at their highest damage (early). Stop the true damage from all that flat arpen.

Hp/level when bottom. Helps against AD and AP and bottom allows you to scale into them.