[Champion Concept] Jahelm, The Dragon Slayer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ward VG

10-01-2012

(This champion is inspired by the protagonist Hido in the fairytale “The Unlucky Warrior” by the Grimm brothers Jacob, and Wilhelm, thus the name Jahelm)

Name: Jahelm
Title: The Dragon Slayer

Race: Human
Origin: Piltover
Alliance: Good
Class: AD carry
Weapon: Bow and arrow.
Attack Type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Description: Jahelm has little to none CC and therefore relies on hitting fast and hard before his target gets away.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Stats
Damage: 46.3 (+2.85 / per level)
Health: 390 (+80 / per level)
Mana: 173 (+35 / per level)
Movement Speed: 300
Armor: 11.5 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block: 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen: 6 (+0.5 / per level)
Mana Regen: 6.3 (+0.4 / per level)

Attachment 535014
Passive: Each basic attack grants a stack of ‘Slayers Rush’ increasing Jahelms attackspeed by 2% per stack, to a max of 5 stacks.

Attachment 535008
Q (Dragonite Poison): Jahelm fires a poisoned arrow at his enemy, dealing damage over time. Knowing the shot counts he takes care to aim more precisely and deals extra damage on impact.
Jahelm poisons an enemy for 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+.5 * AP) over 5 seconds. On impact the arrow deals equal to 30/40/50/60/70% of his total attack damage.
Cost: 45 Mana
Range: 600
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Type: Basic attack

Attachment 535010
W (Swift shot): Fires five arrows in quick succession, if every arrow hits a target the last arrow will deal double damage. This ability can only be used when Jahelm has 5 stacks of ‘Slayers Rush’.
Jahelm shoots 5 arrows over 1.5 seconds, if all arrows hits a target the last arrow will deal 200% damage.
Cost: 60 Mana
Range: 1200
Cooldown: 16 / 13 / 10 / 7 / 4 seconds
Type: Skill shot

Attachment 535007
E (Fleeing Arrow): Jahelm shoots an arrow into the air. Once it lands he teleports to the point of impact, losing all stacks of ‘Slayers Rush’.
Jahelm fires an arrow at a target location, teleporting to the location 1.5 seconds after. This ability will reset his ‘Slayers Rush’ stacks.
Cost: 75 Mana
Range: 1200
Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Type: Target location

Attachment 535009
R (Cardiac Arrow): Jahelm fires an arrow at his enemy’s heart dealing immense damage. The damage increases with the amount of stacks of ‘Slayers Rush’. If Jahelm kills an enemy with Cardiac Arrow its cooldown is reset.
Jahelm shoots an arrow at his enemy dealing 160/250/340 (+0.75) true damage. The damage is increased with 5% for each stack of ‘Slayers Rush’. If the enemy dies from Cardiac Arrow, the cooldown is refreshed.
Cost: 120 Mana.
Range: 600
Cooldown: 100 / 90 / 80 seconds

Appearance
Height: Tall.
Physical Build: Broad-shouldered and buff. Similar to Garen or Darius.
Hair: Short and blonde.
Weapons: a wide, big sword.
Attire: Metal and golden armor.
Attachment 535020

Lore
Never did Jahelm imagine what he would once become, when he as a little child was hunting deer in the forests surrounding Piltover. He never took well to the academic side of life and quickly found himself considered a fool in his hometown. Jahelm, hurt by the thoughts of others, decided to prove them wrong. He went on a hunt, intending to find something. Something worth slaying. Something that only an intelligent and cunning hunter would be able to bring down. When he found the lair, he knew he had succeeded.
He snuck into the darkened cave with his bow in hand. His quiver only held three arrows, but he knew that, if the beast had not been killed by the third arrow, there wouldn’t be time for a fourth.
Suddenly the cave lit up as the dragon that had claimed it as his home roared, breathing fire in all direction, narrowly missing Jahelm. Jahelm, quickly fired the first to arrows, striking the beast right in the heart, but it did not stop. He suddenly remembered hearing that the only poison to stop a dragon is a man's saliva. So he licked his fingers and wet the tip of his last arrow, fired and hit the dragon stopped in its tracks, shuddered and fell to the ground. It was dead.
Upon returning to Piltover with a pouch full of dragon scales he won the respect of the people. Now, finally satisfied he seeks the thrill of the fight that he experienced in that lair. And what better place to do that, than the League of Legends.
"There are few I would consider equal. But a mere human who can slay dragons has earned the honor.”
― Rengar

Attacking
"Lets slay!”
"Too easy.”
"Into the fray!”

Movement
"Lets this battle begin."
"Lead the way.”
"This is going to be fun.”
"Lead me to battle summoner”
"On my way."

Taunt
"I’ve seen baby dragons more fearsome than you.”

Joke
“I like my women like I like my dragons. Hot and scaly.. wait that’s not right”

Upon unlocking "Cardiac Arrow"
"May my enemies rest in peace."

Upon attacking Rengar
"A worthy prey.”

Dance: A sped up version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyC_fO7e2k

DefenderofWeak

10-01-2012

Interesting thought. Very nicely done.

Pethrax

10-03-2012

1. Passive
    1. Clarity 1/1
    2. Balance 1/1
    3. Theme/Class Sync 1/1
    4. Ability-to-Ability Sync (B) 0/1
    5. Originality (B) 0/1 (This is Jax's Passive but less)
  2. First Ability
    1. Clarity 1/1
    2. Balance 1/1
    3. Theme/Class Sync 0/1
    5. Originality (B) 0/1 (Tristana's Explosive Shot)
  3. Second Ability
    1. Clarity 1/1
    2. Balance 0/1
    3. Theme/Class Sync 1/1
    5. Originality (B) 1/1
  4. Third Ability
    1. Clarity 1/1
    2. Balance 1/1
    3. Theme/Class Sync 1/1
    5. Originality (B) 1/1
  5. Ultimate
    1. Clarity 1/1
    2. Balance 0/1
    3. Theme/Class Sync 1/1
    5. Originality (B) 0/1 (Darius Ult on a stick?)
  6. Stats
    1. Logic 0/1 (consistently lower than the average amongst ADC's, as determined by LoL Wiki)
    2. Class Logic 1/1
  7. Bonus Content
    1. (Lore) Logic 0/1
    2. (Lore) Story Flow 1/1
    3. Picture/Animation/Quotes/Etc. 0/1

Pethrax

10-03-2012

If you desire a more in depth explanation, please ask.

Lyria Eternal

10-06-2012

Alright I'm going to point out two things that concern me with this concept. Since you participated in the Flash contest I'm doing this as a favor to you.

================

#1:

Your passive is unoriginal, and is a weaker for of Jax's passive. I would like to see something a bit more original considering this concepts origins. Now if you engendered the use of poison in the innate then I could see it working better. Also if this poison was to, say, decrease ms stacking as well. Then you have a game.

#2:

The idea of consuming your passive stacks is interesting, but not for this concept. His AS is needed to kill. Meaning that he would only use his abilities to last hit, and I don't want another one of those in the league.

#3:

I lied, there were three. The fact that he uses a sword when he is a ranged archer....Not seeing why that works at all.

===============================

Those are my major critiques about this design. I understand you like to add the icons, but the pretty pictures won't win you the game, and that is what this contest is all about. I look forwards to what you decide to do with him. If you need help, or want to ask others about him. Go to "ChampConcepts" chatroom on live, and ask one of us live on there.

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror

Hi I Like Cats

10-06-2012

60 seconds, damn that's a long cooldown for a basic ability.