Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Just wanted to add my .02c and say that jungle mobs don't need to be any harder to kill than lane mobs. They are there to provide an alternate gold/xp source and support a 5th player on a map. Not provide an epic challenge.

I like weakass mobs in the jungle, lets the jungler think about other things. A jungle full of strong mobs forces a jungler to build a certain way. Tanky with high sustain. If you can't clear your jungle with enough life(and whatever resource) left to pressure a lane, you are worthless to your team.

Making the jungle harder again will just set junglers back, and reinforce the current tanky support jungle meta even further.

Genotoxic

10-16-2012

wow finally I have been playing jungle for a while now and the only thing that is like really good is tanky with gp5 and shyvana but since that gets boring playing every game I use different junglers like dairus,riven,olaf but if you want to use them you neeed good luck in ganks or spend all your time farming (except olaf) but if you want to play these you either harm you and your team or you just play the tanky gp5 junglers.But I dont want the camp difficulty to get harder because right now you might not be able to jungle someone like nautilus if they get even harder as he has a hard time early in the jungle and any increases will make him bad.So if you are going to change things be carefull.

Elan Tedronai

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
The approach we're currently taking is to significantly increase the rewards of jungle camps over time (junglers already have a huge impact on the early game).
inb4 I get counter jungled by my own team even more.

THE CRlMSON CHIN

10-16-2012

What about making it so that the jungle minions are stronger/give greater rewards(xp and gold) for every camp that is currently cleared?

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I still want Leona passive procs on minions, she needs a second place to go, jungle would be fine since her ganks have amazing potential.

Taim06

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We've actually been working on changes for the jungle in anticipation for Season 3 and though I can't really give all the details here because we are still iterating, I'd like to give you guys some insights into what's going on.

There are a multitude of issues we're tackling and they are very much intertwined. The current dominant jungle strategy (GP10 Support / Tanks) is fairly stagnant and the overall current jungle playstyle in many cases severely limits potential strategy and choices in other lanes/roles as well.

One large problem is that efficient farming of the jungle has very little pay off compared to constantly applying lane pressure by camping / ganking. Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy.

The approach we're currently taking is to significantly increase the rewards of jungle camps over time (junglers already have a huge impact on the early game). To go along with this though, we are buffing jungle camps back up to actually be more threatening while simultaneously offering new / improved item paths that allow players to specialize in the jungle. Overall we want junglers to be rewarded for building combat stats rather than always being forced to build gold generation items.

This is not the only thing we're changing in the jungle for next season, but these types of things are definitely on our radar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...JedBQk7s#t=33s

That pretty much sums it up for me. Best news ever =)

Revive Is OP

10-16-2012

****ing Idiots.

For 500 games not a single person wants to Jungle. I Jungle. (2010)

For 400 games not a single person wants to Tank. I Tank. (tanky-dps meta)

For 800 games not a single person wants to Support. I Support.

Don't tell me supporting is more fun than jungling.

Junglers are the single most win-affecting role in the game.

Support are the least-effective role in the game (and not necessary with double jungle, solo bot, or kill-lane).

Support is the most boring role in the ****ING GAME.

I know because I carried myself to 1750 maining Support.

If you're QQ'ing about not getting to play Support then shut your mouth because it's you who made us learn the role when you wanted to instalock every other role. Yes you - the person reading.

requium

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Patience, young Skywalker!
Stars Wars themed jungle items. Calling it now.

Akitu

10-16-2012

Will these jungle changes be so drastic that a strong mid-lane champ eg Anivia or Karthus will be unable to clear a wave and then take wraiths and/or wolves without committing too much resources?

Strato5

10-16-2012

what i would love to know and i would like you people to support me to answer this question...

there will be starter items for junglers?