Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vampy1337

10-15-2012

How about a junglers doran's? A simple cheap item with a few stats that help out while jungling. Attack speed...armor.... maybe a mini version of wriggles on-hit passive? Why not? And it would work for both ap and ad junglers. Thoughts?

...or would it be too tempting for other laners to build (adc- i know i would) and possibly unbalance something?

coffee addict

10-16-2012

Jungle is the most difficult of the 5 roles to learn

Takes a lot of experience to be comfortable jungling/counterjungling and the only way you get experience is by playing...

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Patience, young Skywalker!
Just please tell us we'll finally be getting an ap/magic damage jungle item. RIOT PLZ.

Queso Queen

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster ov Doom View Post
Jungle is the most difficult of the 5 roles to learn

Takes a lot of experience to be comfortable jungling/counterjungling and the only way you get experience is by playing...
And this is the reason I seriously -suck- suck suck suck suck suck at jungling. I can learn all I want in a bot game, but real games are quiet different. Yet no one believes me when I state I am the like worst jungler you could ever never want on your team, but heaven forbid you switch with me. Would I love to learn how to do this better? Trust me, I have tried. I have read builds, how-to's, ai's and am sloooowly leveling a smurf trying to learn, yet when people instalock what they want, forcing someone who tries to wait and see what everyone is going, into a role they are facepalm suck at, then yell at them....

-_- it makes me not want a jungle at all.

No, I am not asking for an easier jungle, from my understanding its 'easy' enough for some people, which I am all for. I like having my mau friend duo his jungle with my mid,its scarry. But I would like for a -little- more in the jungle for when people like me fall behind because the lanes they want to try and gank are so overpushed by your team that its best to just try to counter jungle (then get yelled at "omg noob shy never ganks" me-"wtf u want me to turret dive? into their 2cc's? heck no" "reported, uncooperative teammate!!!!" me"QQ") Or to try and help their gold farming abilities.

1 more wolf/golem on each side of the respective colors (say add wolf on golem side, golem on wolf side, to the left/right of middle lane) would probably do it just fine. probably closer to the base near the back wall, this gives a nice round area where if the enemy chooses to go as far back as that to counter jungle aggressively they can, or just take wraiths if they so choose to do a quicker counter jungle, but not to the point of crapppppp when one is already behind.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Could it be they're modifying the jungle mobs to offer different rewards/risk factors? Specifically it might help to stir up the meta if Wraiths were not so easily wiped by AoE waveclearing AP mids.

Example:
Wraiths--high risk, high reward. (Make big wraith have higher HP.) For high sustain, tanky junglers.
Golems--low risk, low reward. (Low damage, high defense.) For low sustain, ganky junglers.
Wolves--medium risk, medium reward. Never a bad idea, but neither is it necessary.

Sethusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

The main problem I have is that everyone grabs the jungle mobs not just the junglers so this is a buff to everyone if you make them worth more gold. Ever think of adding a "gold per" passive to smite? That way the jungler could have some guaranteed income on top of the jungle with out having other lanes take it from the jungler for gold? The problem is people might take smite just for the gold if that happens though, so it couldn't be too much.

DiscworldDeath

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
When we do these changes for Season 3, there may be some junglers who are simply too strong in too many categories and we'll have to address that in the context of the new jungle. Overall though, we're looking to make sure there's a reason to bring X jungler over Y jungler depending on the situation.
I hope you guys account for TT jungle this time around.

Junglers got nerfed/changed for the new SR jungle, which in many cases left them completely crushed even if before they managed to somehow survive the TT jungle.

Lunaria

10-16-2012

if they find a way to make it more variable i'm all for it.
the way it is now you'd be foolish not to take maokai, malphite, skarner etc
Mundo works well too for the cleaver slows and incredibly high amount of damage soak

everyone does so much damage, even the "support junglers" that not bringing that crazy amount of cc and tankyness is just hurting your own team.

I know it's got to the point that if I see their jungler isn't an early cc one i don't even bother with wards until 6, they just won't be able to get a gank

capismymain

10-16-2012

Where will amumu/maokai stand in this new and stronger jungle? I'm thinking these changes will be more versed to ad type junglers. Amumu/Mao had a rough time making the clear in the season one jungle and imho they're already heavily disadvantaged early game enough as it is right now, I can only see that slump increasing and them falling out of favour.

What will you be doing about this? because this will defenitly happen if you buff the jungle again.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

10-16-2012

that is why In ranked I farm lanes when I think my teammates aren't good