Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Absolutely, it's not as simple as just increasing the amount of gold the jungle is worth, as that would just give more incentive for lanes to steal it.

It has to be done more subtly, such as a change to smite, or some itemization that increases experience / gold gain for junglers, but wouldn't further increase the value of a lane stealing the camps.
I wonder if some sort of snowball-effect on gold-gain from killing the heal-after-kill jungle minions would work. It would have to be small enough to make the effect on a mid-lane killing wraiths while the jungler's away to barely affect them, but would have to ramp up quickly to make farming the jungle worth it. Probably would have to increase exponentially.

It'd also make counter-jungling more powerful.

Templar56

10-15-2012

Flash is a big cause of this, i have to come to a lane 2 times just to get a good gank because the other guys flashed away as soon as i showed up. Not to mention they play passive until flash comes back up.

And don't even bother trying to gank corki, kass, or ez, they have the best escapes in the game, just go for the support.

Vuther

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaShongo53 View Post
This would help the support gp/10 jungler just as much as the DPS jungler, still making them the better choice. You need something that helps the gankers more than the supporters if you want to even this out.
Well, the gankers can be the supporters as well. Shen and Maokai were used as junglers, for example.

Reginald

10-15-2012

umm I disagree, I carry games with mumu and skarner from the jungle in the 1800's all the ****ing time
and I see many others do it against me.

This thread is just off, surprised how many up votes it has received zzz

PapaShongo53

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Well, the gankers can be the supporters as well. Shen and Maokai were used as junglers, for example.
And that is the exact point of the OP. Those champs can thrive in the jungle without much gold by just using GP/10's for income and they use the stats from those items to be tanky enough to still gank effectively.

Someone like Khaz'ix doesn't get enough gold from the jungle to gank effectively. If he builds GP/10's he doesn't do enough damage and lacks the CC to have a good gank.

If there was a GP/10 with stats similar to brutalizer than someone like Khaz'ix could keep up a bit better.

iainB85

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveovertime View Post
umm I disagree, I carry games with mumu and skarner from the jungle in the 1800's all the ****ing time
and I see many others do it against me.

This thread is just off, surprised how many up votes it has received zzz
Reading comprehension must not be your strong side. The thread has nothing to do with junglers not being effective at winning games, it's that there is only one type of jungler that is viable these days. You just proved my point by saing you carry with mumu and skarner, two champions who have extremely effective kits despite being under leveled and gold starved.

Chaos55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree.
Can we have a red post please, jungle needs a little help.

NME Potato Zero

10-15-2012

Why is it that no high elo players (plat-diamond+) ever cry about the jungle? People cry about 'not being able to carry as support because you do no damage' as support, now jungler? A good jungler won't just farm camps and gank every few minutes, they'll coordinate plays with pings (in solo queue) and play mind games with opponents..that's the most fun part about jungling: the mystery.

Vegas Dad

10-15-2012

As a primary jungler, I have now lost interest and given up on the jungle. Now I play mid adc top. Just tired of being starved by my own team.

I have to give my mid second blue on or they QQ, MY mids also take my wraiths and even wolves. when they dont take wolves someone else does. My adc takes my reds and either top or bot clears my golems.

Then if I happen to be in the lane for more than 1/10th of a second I get spammed back pings and then told to gtfo of thier lane.

After all that I am at times too weak to carry thier badselves, so Ya I gave up on jungling which is something I loved. Riot please fix the jungle somehow, game is progressing to a 2 support meta which is epically gross.

Dont get me wrong jungle is important to be played well and wins games, but it is starting to get this feeling of "support jungle". I dont think this game can really survive 2x support play.

JoeyMakesMagic

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Still hoping for some red input on this. I was always okay with giving Blue and Red up to the AP/AD carries lategame. Then mid started expecting every Blue after the first one. Okay... I can understand the need for this, I guess. I'll just retire some of the more mana-intensive junglers and build some mana/mana regen on the rest. I'll deal with the loss of xp by invading more.
Then the same mid started taking Wraiths. Not just occasionally, but all the time. That's by far the easiest camp to clear from a time/damage/reward perspective, and it keeps me centralized and not too far from any lane to help. Now it's always gone. Fine. I'll make sure to keep their Wraiths warded and just take those. What's that? Their mid is taking their Wraiths too? Well, **** me. Then mids realized that they could clear the big Wraith and leave the small ones up if they only had a small window between waves. I guess I'm expected to clear that 15g up so they can get the big one next time? Right.
Then tops started roaming more. Wolves and Golems became more scarce. Not a big deal (as it's not as constant as mid and their Wraiths), but it's adding to the pressure. On top of that, bottom lane took a page from their book and starting clearing their own set of Golems and Wolves more regularly. Well, ****. I guess I can just shove their lanes when they shop... NOPE! Holy hell, they're screaming bloody murder at me. Well, back into the empty jungle again I guess.
Finally, ADs have begun expecting early Red buffs. Not the first or the second, but I've had them want the third onward before, and it's getting more common every day.

So what does this leave me with? The first Blue, and the first 2-3 Reds. The first Wraiths, and whatever I can grab when the AP's distracted or has left leftovers (I've had mids actually come over when I'm clearing Wraiths and nuke the big one mid-kill. No explanation. No apology. Nothing). Wolves and Golems are more frequent, but they're also the worst camps in terms of damage, time, and distance. Even then, they're getting cleared by laners more frequently. Whatever I can get by invading (though if it's a buff, one of the laners wants it), though most of their jungle is as picked over as my own.

Beyond that? Whatever kills or assists I can secure in the lanes. Not solo, as I'm generally behind in levels and always behind in gold, but in 2v1 and 3v2 situations. I build 1-3 Gp10 items every game just to survive. I've started playing junglers who can only use 1 Gp10 less often. I buy wards for midlanes who refuse to as they clear my Wraiths over and over. I buy wards for toplane, enemy jungle and Dragon. I'm considering switching my MS Quints over to Gp10. What's the point in moving around fast when there are so few camps to clear? Gold is what I'm starving for. That, and levels. XP masteries? Looking tempting. My jungle page looks just a little more like my support page every day. Games where I'm the same level as our support are becoming more common. I run into an enemy mid or toplane in my jungle and I have to ping them and run like hell until my laners stop farming long enough to come help. They've got 3 levels on me and twice as much gold, no way I'm tangling with them alone.

Somehow, somewhere along the way, I've become a second-tier citizen. I get the scraps laners deem too worthless for their own time. I get threatened with reports and rage-quits when I touch their lane farm. I rely on Gp10 income just to scrape by. Ward purchases are split 45% jungle, 45% support, 10% everyone else. When I gank for a lane and get the killing blow, they complain that I didn't let them have the gold. If I ignore their complaints and play to my own strengths, or argue that I need a specific camp, they rage and sometimes afk, and actually believe themselves justified. When I invade in the hope that somehow their jungle is less barren than my own, if I get caught and killed I'm harassed for feeding.

Man, what happened to us?
bump