Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehDot

10-10-2012

I've dominated as Kha'Zix in jungle. Fastest clear times I've ever had and we normally win most of the lanes fairly quickly cause of the pressure I can put on them.

iainB85

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDot View Post
I've dominated as Kha'Zix in jungle. Fastest clear times I've ever had and we normally win most of the lanes fairly quickly cause of the pressure I can put on them.
Looking at your match history: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22803061#history

Not counting Co-Op games... it looks like you did fairly well your last three games, but lost two of them.

Think back to those games... if you had been tanky support who fed lanes kills, bought oracles, and warded the map do you think they outcome would've been different? Even having 14 kills one of your losses, late game didn't you feel like "Man if I was Mumu I could carry my team to victory so easily right now".

Not trying to call you out, but I played Kha'Xiz quite a bit on release and often got 5-10 kills during laning phase, but when late game team fights rolled around it seemed painfully obvious to me that if I went CC bot jungle we'd be having such an easier time. Do you have the same experience?

iainB85

10-10-2012

Jungle Justice.

iainB85

10-12-2012

Can't ignore forever (or can you?)

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

bump

iainB85

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Bring the old jungle where only few champs could actually jungle without dying on the 3rd camp.

No, really, for example, the way CLG EU win today with the ubber farmed karthus, was made just because the Maokai jungler give him not only wraiths, but also wolfs, and all blue buffs, including the first one.

Yes, a brusier jungler could never live that way at all, he would just melted in seconds in team fights latter.

But if they made the jungle give more gold and exp in general, then it will be the same, but the laner could not live against to another laner who share camps with the junglers, and would break it harder than now.
Happened about a week ago but still rings so true.

Jungle Sejuani

10-15-2012

Its just you know with the current meta and picks assassins really cant hold up against all these tanky dps and ontop of that considering alot of champs now have easy means of escapes the assassin jungle will most likely fall off quickly in a even skilled match. But with support junglers you are more just there to keep river warded/give top solo/check on lanes if needed " since alot of the time both you side and enemy side makes it hard to gank" and donate buffs to lanes.

Yeah i see more wins when i support jungle because the ones doing the farming and the damage is the rest of my team whereas im just there as a utilitybot but when i try to go a typical dps jungler unless i get those early ganks and get fed i wont do damage to the tanky that is todays champs/picks

Melancholyx3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

the Jungle needs a buff, gold buff would be nice

Wei Wing

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Seriously, I am seeing more people want support than jungle these days, and the reason is obvious in my mind: the most sure fire way to win now is just to make jungle another support.

There's no room assassin/damage dealing type junglers with the current design. The jungle just doesn't provide enough farm compared to lane anymore, and you can't rely on getting lots of kills from ganks early if the enemy team plays smart and/or your team doesn't.

That's also if you even get to clear your own jungle. With how easy the small camps are now, other lanes pretty much demand half your camps to get an edge over their enemy laner... and why shouldn't they, it's a great tactic for them... long as you aren't the poor jungler!

So what does that devolve the jungle into? A tanky support with good initiate and CC. The best jungle picks by far these days are champs like Amumu, Nautilius, Malphite, etc... who can win team fights without any gold at all due to their kits.

I really hope Riot has some plans for jungle in season 3, because I am sure I am not the only one who is flat out sick of this design.

FYI: As support running GP5 runes and building dual GP5 I usually end up with more gold at the end of the game than our jungle, even if they played well and had similar presence (kills/assists)... that's how little the jungle is currently worth... further strengthening my metaphor as jungle the secondary support.

Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree with its current state.
"There's no room assassin/damage dealing type junglers with the current design"? For Real? Have you not seen the two recent champ releases. They both assassins both of them get jungle well and they deal a ton of damage.

Also junglers normall play champions with CC because its allows them to gank far easier however have you even considered champs like Lee Sin, Shyvana, Hecarim, Rengar, Kha'Zix, Shaco or Eve? All of these champs deal great damage, they aren't your average support if they were they would be on steriods with the damage they're dealing.

Also so what if an jungler is an heavy tank with alot of CC, theres is literally nothing wrong with that. Its like asking if theres a problem for an ADC to build AD and AS. Honestly if the jungler isnt going to tank tell me what role is? APC, ADC and support are out of the question, top lane can to an extent reasonably tank well however they're normally built as bruisers, theres a limit how much they can tank. Unlike Junglers alot of them are built for tanking, they have buffs which increase their armor or MR, champs such as Amumu, Naut and Malph have some kind damage reduction or Armor Mr increase therefore it makes 100% sense for someone to take advantage of this and built them tanky.

Loki421

10-15-2012

I've recently (i'm talking just a handful of games) just started stealing lane CS anytime I come to a lane, get a kill or not. Zone out the enemy, while taking cs. Force to tower. Team hates me, don't care, get fed. Carry hard.