Idea for avoiding intentional trolls in champion selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

To Live Simply

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Basically the idea is to allow 4 out of the 5 players in Champion selection in 5v5 mode to ban the 5th person,.

I would imagine a button below where the Trade Champion button appears would make sense.

Thoughts?

Phonike the 2nd

10-01-2012

The problem you need to find a solution to in order for this to work is what happens when that 5th person is banned. It cant toss you in to matchmaking that is essentially creating a que dodge loophole. I like the idea but needs more thought.

To Live Simply

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I agree, I was thinking that the person who is banned, and all other players on the team get a 1-3 minute timer until they can rejoin another match.

Maybe even 5 minutes would be appropriate.

Some to make users only want to use the feature when necessary.

Beaumains

10-01-2012

So you want to encourage bullying? or just discourage originality? or just force people to play the way you like them to play?

It might help your case to present a scenario where such a system really would be justified, and then show how abuses can be curtailed.

While there are theoretical situations I can think of where this might actually be a good idea, for example the froth-mouthed rager who declares they're going to run mana-crystal-kat (with revive/clarity) and feed the enemy carry, I can't immediately think of a simple solution to curtail abuse. The problem of abuse comes (for example) when people (and there are a lot who do) adopt a cookie-cutter mindset, and flame and rage at anyone with a "non-standard" idea, or one that falls outside the "accepted meta," such as those few remaining melee AD carries.

As the only legitimate 'kick' scenarios are those that would be reportable, an immediate option to curtail abuse might involve auto-reporting, using the current reporting system to allow 'kickers' to be investigated and lose their influence/ability to kick other players. Consider for example a rating on a player that is affected by justified kicks, that works like a point system, where a threshold of points is required to kick someone. False kicks reduce players' ratings, and theoretically could prevent them (eventually) from kicking even a legitimately offensive player, which frankly would serve them right.

To Live Simply

10-01-2012

Hmm, I am all open to ideas.

The basic sentiment from what I have seen so far is to have some way to prevent going into a game ranked or normal when it is clear that you have a rager on your team with the intention to feed.

Any option to stop that from happening that would either have a built in mechanism to prevent abuse, or was simply not abuse-able would be great.

We should make a strong push for some sort of mechanic.

Implementation, I imagine, would be easy. It is more a matter of coming up with an idea that would serve the game, riot, community, and all.

Perhaps we should really create a thread with a fully fleshed out discussion, bringing riots attention to our ideas, and presenting something useable.

To Live Simply

10-02-2012

bump

ACGIFT

10-03-2012

I actually feel that the opposite would happen; after all, a kick/ban from queue would require FOUR people to agree, and in a random setup, this would probably happen less likely than most would think. As long as it wasn't available to 3/4-person pre-made teams, it'd be VERY hard for it to see abuse.

Hugh Akston

10-03-2012

There's a big thread on this already, reds have already said no for explained reasons. Go do your research people.

To Live Simply

10-07-2012

yeah go do you research people