[Champion Concept/Suggestion] Holloway, The Piltover Pugilist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whalecore

10-01-2012

Holloway; The Piltover Pugilist

As the name suggests, Holloway would be a bruiser/tank with his attacks and abilities being melee. First time having a go at this concept deal, so responses and criticisms are welcome!

Lore

Although Piltover is known for its academics and genius minds, brawn is still popular with some residents. Holloway, Piltover's prized pugilist (like the alliteration??), is one of the few remaining citizens favoring the use of their physical strength and will power when it comes to combat. Albeit he is no genius, he is by no means slow. He often credits his victories in the rings to the fact that he sees boxing as a science.. a science that he seemingly has mastered.

Since he was a child, Holloway loved to prove his physical superiority against the other boys. Seeing this and wanting to further their son's talents, his parent's quickly taught him of the game of fisticuffs. He immediately took to it and fell in love with the fight. By age 19, he had won 300 straight fights, all while weight classes and fighting opponents twice (and on one occasion three times) his size.

In one particular match-up, Holloway was in the ring looking up at a monster of a man. The battle raged on for 20 rounds in the cellar of a no-name pub. Couldn't say it was a fair fight in the end. The challenger pocketed some glass powder in which he threw into Holloway's face and, while he struggled to see, the mountain sized individual clocked him in the temple and sent him to the floor. Although Holloway 'technically' kept his undefeated streak due to his opponents disqualification, he lost his dignity and the vision in his right eye.

Although he was known to be quite a mannered gentleman in his own right, he became engaged. Holloway roamed Piltover looking for a fight that would fill the pit caused by his one and only loss. Fighter after fighter tasted his fist and fell to the ground, but no victory was great enough to replace his dignity and self-worth. Finally, a humiliated and furious Holloway found himself at the League of Legends in order to not only prove to others that he is still one of the toughest fighters that the Valoran has to offer, but to prove it to himself as well.

Base Stats

Health: 450 (+90 per level)
Health Regen: 10 (+1 per level)
Mana: 200 (+40 per level)
Mana Regen: 5 (+0.7 per level)
Attack: 53 (+4 per level)
Attack Speed: 0.6 (2.5% per level)
Armor: 17 (+4 per level)
Magic Res.: 30
Speed: 310
Range: 125

Abilities

(The AD scaling of his abilities is bonus)

Passive: The Powerhouse of Piltover- For each champion attack against him, Holloway gains armor. Passive resets after not taking damage for 5 seconds.

2 armor per hit (max 20) at level 1
5 armor per hit (max 50) at level 7
10 armor per hit (max 100) at level 13

Q: Suckerpunch- Holloway's next attack will stun the enemy for 1.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Cost: 80 mana

W: Haymaker-
Passive: Every auto-attack deals damage (50% AD) to minions and monsters around his target.

Active: Holloway jumps onto an opponent, slowing the single and pushing other enemies outward a short distance from the target. After landing, he then throws a single, wild right hook, dealing 60/120/180/240/300 Physical Damage (+50% AD). If there are multiple enemies in front of him, the damage is split evenly between them.

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Range: 300
Landing AoE: 300
Push Distance: 200

E: Gloves Up- Holloway get's into a defensive stance, taunting enemy champions around him for 1 second. In doing so, he gains a shield, blocking 100/160/220/280/340 (+15% of total health) physical/magic damage for 10 seconds. He is unable to attack for 3 seconds after casting.

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds
Cost: 70/80/90/100/120
Range: 350

R-Ult: Sting Like A Bee- Holloway prepares his fists and executes a leaping strike onto a single opponent, doing 250/350/450 Physical Damage (+60/75/90% AD). After landing on an enemy champion, the damage delivered is equally distributed to allied champions around in the form of a damage absorbing shield.

Cooldown: 130/120/110
Cost: 100/120/140
Range of Strike: 650
Range of Shielding: 1000

Okiedokie I added a horribly drawn picture that I did at 4am. Let me know what you guys think!

Whalecore

10-01-2012

Bumping for possible input/criticisms.

Whalecore

10-01-2012

Bumping because of selfishness.

Whalecore

10-02-2012

So today some chick passed out hard in one of my lecture halls. It was ridiculous. Also, bump.

Phantaztick

10-04-2012

I kind of picture a guy like this looking like one of those old school, 1800's boxers. Tight pants, shirtless, long twirly waxed mustache, red boxing gloves. Marcus of Queensbury rules and all that. A gentleman pugelist.

Whalecore

10-05-2012

ahaha I might have to draw that later on tonight. He has to have a mustache now.

h0vlol

10-08-2012

Im glad most of your numbers are balanced. Everything is good except the regens on there. They are way to high. Your health regen should be about 1 or 2 and your mana should be about .5 to 1 per second.

Whalecore

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatterSyndra View Post
Im glad most of your numbers are balanced. Everything is good except the regens on there. They are way to high. Your health regen should be about 1 or 2 and your mana should be about .5 to 1 per second.
Sweet. Thanks man. I'll fix that right meow.

Chamenas

10-08-2012

Not going to offer a full review, but I like the concept of a steampunk, "gentleman" pugilist for League. At a quick glance the abilities seem a little more lackluster than I anticipated though and the lore could definitely use some shaping up. I feel like you had this awesome creative idea in your head, but you didn't fully get it out. I'd love to see you get there with it though.

Whalecore

10-08-2012

Quote:
Not going to offer a full review, but I like the concept of a steampunk, "gentleman" pugilist for League. At a quick glance the abilities seem a little more lackluster than I anticipated though and the lore could definitely use some shaping up. I feel like you had this awesome creative idea in your head, but you didn't fully get it out. I'd love to see you get there with it though.
Thanks dude. I appreciate the feedback!