Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Surrendering Problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

10-03-2012

Yesterday I was playing a game as jungle mumu and our blitzcrank wanted to invade their blue. It was a failed invade and as we were sitting there about to take the blue, they all go B leaving me alone against the enemy team. I don't get their blue and burn a flash. They stole my blue. I have the slowest jungle experience of my life and it's quickly 12-2 with our mid Morgana going 0-5, top going 1-3, etc etc.

I tried to FF at the 20 min mark on the nose, they said no. I continued play. Ended up going 8-4-19 and we won. We lost all two inhibs and a nexus turret before we even took 1 of their inhib turrets. It looked pretty hopeless, but good teamwork, good builds, and good farming to keep us on par with their farm won us the game.

TLDR: The game isn't over until it's over. Work as a team til the very end.

Edit: Just read your other posts on this. Bro, quit raging far out. I think 4:1 is perfect for FF vote. Continue to play your best if you have 2 that want to continue in the game. It feels like you're the type of person that rages at teammates b/c they won't forfeit after they fed. YOU can turn around a losing game. When a team isn't organized, it's because it's 5 players running around. If you understand enough of the game, take control. A team with 4 followers and 1 general wins more often than a team with 5 players. Be appropriate, be directive and helpful -> Turn around and win a game.

Ev1LLe

10-03-2012

Came back from being down 12-43 yesterday.

I wanted to surrender, but my team voted no.

The enemy team had a 17-1 ezreal, but he didn't get a GA.

We had a morde, I was mumu. I would ult their team or in some cases just ezreal, morde ulted ezreal.

Ezreal went down, his ghost came up and we cleaned up he rest of their team. This happened about 4-5 times. Along with getting every baron after team wipes we came back & won.

I'm not as quick to surrender now, you never know.

Angusthedead

10-03-2012

Sorry bout raging, seemed for a second there that nobody was catching my drift and it was angering me, thank you for giving me actual feedback you guys. Well i do understand that games can be turned around, i just still dont understand why it has to be 4-1 vote, just sayin. My point still stands but i guess im gonna have to just try harder to win.

Shinmen Takezo

10-03-2012

I never give up even if we are losing 1-10000, giving up is not on my things to do today. I've had many comeback victories just from not giving up.
My teammates call me an idiot, troll and a no-life, I don't let this affect me and keep trying my best.
I understand when you are losing you just want to give up and try again and just surrender. I have too hit the surrender button when i think my team has no chance to comeback, call me a hypocrite but it happens but when two of my teammates are saying no and the vote does not pass, i say to myself "These guys aren't giving up.. Why should i?" and stop trying to give up and believe in them and keep going. Win or Lose. I KNOW I TRIED MY BEST.

Mfw wat did i just write.

t0ad5

10-03-2012

Should be able to report ppl for not surrendering, under griefing.

I find in a lot of cases, people are simply wasting your time to get "more ip" for dragging the game out 20 more minutes, but not doing anything that is required to actually win the game.

If you aren't trying to actually win, but just want to waste my time so you get a little more ip, you are greifing. I don't know what your time is worth, but as an adult with a job and family... please stop griefing me by wasting my time.

4vs5 even some ppl don't quit.

Here is a clue: Move on. Start a new game. Win it. Get more ip then dragging out the loss to 40 mins when it only had to be 20.
Team failed early game. Team failed mid game. We have no map control. Team dies 1 by 1 in the jungle.. please let me go. I want to play the game with someone else. Stop wasting my time.

KINGRELIC1

10-03-2012

Quote:
Angusthedead:
So i was recently playing a game as a jungle Hecarim in a 5v5 draft pick, and as the game started we were loosing badly, the score was 4 - 18, 10 minutes in the game. It was bad, top lane was feeding, mid was out beat by kassadin, and i was counter jungled. Top lane's turrets were destroyed and mid and bot had 1 turret gone. That's not the problem. At the 20 minute mark i try to surrender, 3 people including me "Yes" and 2 "No". And it didn't pass. and it was these 2 trolls who are just beating around the bush saying "Oh.. we can win stfu." This isn't the only situation either remember that. I understand if people want to try to win a game, but since less trolling like this is wasting my time when i just want to start a new game, and i can't leave or i get banned. So is it fair for the annoying stubborn players to get their way while i and 2 others suffer? I would be less angry if 2 "no" votes didn't outweigh 3 "yes" votes. Its ridiculous, in a 5v5 match, it would be mathematicly logical for the majority to win a vote. and in 3v3 twisted treeline, you have to get everyone to vote yes! How is that acceptable?!? I Loathe when myself and 2 others are suffering over 2 people being Jokers and not surrendering when we clearly lost. Do you know how HARD it is now to get a surrender vote passed? I feel like im on a diplomacy mission rather than playing a lost game. I surrender to start fresh, but this.. just makes me want to quit spending my time on it. Anyone else feel the same way?

First of dude you just sound like one of those noobs who are quick to surrender dude, when I PLAY even if we are down like 10 kills and losing one or two lanes i never surrender dude i always want to finish the game, 1 cause i am having fun playing leauge of legends 2 most times my team comes back and wins if we had a slow start, then 3 people like who who cry and wine and want to surrender so dam fast right at 20:00 like you i always say no, especially if i have a good build going or i am carrying the team, or whatever the situation is i think they should take away surrender i mean if you lose you lose, you cant win every single game, not everyone goes LEGENDARY

KINGRELIC1

10-03-2012

Quote:
t0ad5:
Should be able to report ppl for not surrendering, under griefing.

I find in a lot of cases, people are simply wasting your time to get "more ip" for dragging the game out 20 more minutes, but not doing anything that is required to actually win the game.

If you aren't trying to actually win, but just want to waste my time so you get a little more ip, you are greifing. I don't know what your time is worth, but as an adult with a job and family... please stop griefing me by wasting my time.

4vs5 even some ppl don't quit.

Here is a clue: Move on. Start a new game. Win it. Get more ip then dragging out the loss to 40 mins when it only had to be 20.
Team failed early game. Team failed mid game. We have no map control. Team dies 1 by 1 in the jungle.. please let me go. I want to play the game with someone else. Stop wasting my time.

then dont play if you dont have 30-45mins then dont play noob

t0ad5

10-03-2012

You miss the point entirely. I have the time to play a full game, AND I'm ready to start a new one because this is a waste of time.

At a point, often, it is waiting for the game to be over, and no longer a game to be played.

Never underestimate the lowest common denominator of human intelligence. 3 cheers for no child left behind?
"Never surrender" can (often) be so boring. Unless maybe one has extra chromosomes to pass around.

You lost. Surrender. Move on. Winning the next game will net more ip then losing this one for 30 more minutes.

t0ad5

10-03-2012

Every fight, other team aces and we kill no one. But you want to keep playing.... why? One good reason.

Angusthedead

10-03-2012

Quote:
KINGRELIC1:
First of dude you just sound like one of those noobs who are quick to surrender dude, when I PLAY even if we are down like 10 kills and losing one or two lanes i never surrender dude i always want to finish the game, 1 cause i am having fun playing leauge of legends 2 most times my team comes back and wins if we had a slow start, then 3 people like who who cry and wine and want to surrender so dam fast right at 20:00 like you i always say no, especially if i have a good build going or i am carrying the team, or whatever the situation is i think they should take away surrender i mean if you lose you lose, you cant win every single game, not everyone goes LEGENDARY

Obviously you didnt read the rest of the whole thread now did you? Go read it i dont wanna type it again.