Surrendering Problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angel Aquarius

10-02-2012

Let me just say... I feel your pain.

Malkontent69

10-02-2012

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in."
-Winston Churchill-

I always vote no for surrender. Always. No exceptions. There's no reason to ever give up. The fun is playing, not winning. We often learn more from our defeats than our victories.

Angusthedead

10-02-2012

Again and again i ask, if that think they can win what stops 3 people voting no against 2? that's all i'm talking about, the oddity of having to have 4 v 1 in a vote. I've had plenty of failed votes that ended 1 voting yes vs 4 no. But these are those **** moments i'm taking about, where enemy is fed breakfast lunch and dinner, team is disfuntional, 2+ people speaking Spanish and wont speak English, disconnecting players, arguing players, or trolls. Playing these out to long ass losses is discomforting and aggravating, where i can surrender (loose a chance for an extra 40 ****ing IP) and start one where i can have a chance to win (getting 140+ IP on top of the IP i got from the last game). It would be a loss of IP, but tell me when your level 30, have bought many many characters and runes, whats IP worth at that point? little. Games can be turned around, but what about the ones that you can't? The ones that your stuck with horrible players? I would not surrender with a functional team that only is just being beaten skill wise, only when overwhelming odds like these come into play and only make it emotionally worse. Morale plays a role in LoL and in those ****ty games is when most people like myself just don't care to deal with those *******s.

AlmightyFork

10-02-2012

Never give up, never surrender.

Zerokel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Sometimes the morale can change with 1 or 2 big plays anyone can make a come back even with trolls if the game goes on dont complain about why cant 3 out way 2 instead say ok what can i do to try and come back from this and make this a game worth playing.

Angusthedead

10-03-2012

You guys are like a brick wall, damn can't get one point across! you are not reading what i am saying. i am saying that when nobody wants to or when you CANT turn it around <---- CANT, then you surrender <---- Surrender. And there is problem with 3 YES votes being outweighed by 2 NO votes. It is impossiable Sometimes To win and everyone knows that. Again It would be logical in every since possiable in mankind if it was a 60% or 3 yes over 2 no vote to surrender. Im NOT talking about turning games around and "oh we can do this" situations, im talking about many many IMPOSSIABLE situations i seem to come across many many many many many times, even at level 27. Not 4, not 7, not 11, level 27. And ive seens hundreds of ranked matches where one team surrenders. So please read the point im trying to get across and stop avoiding the my point and heading to the needless examples and comments branching off of the main problem. i have 3 other posts arguing over people using many many examples and reasoning behind my problem. While others say a sentence like "never give the **** up". (my face) ----> -__________________-

Brother Valencio

10-03-2012

No game is ever truly lost. Go watch the last teamfight from the Dreamhack match where CLG played M5, then think over how wrong you are.

Angusthedead

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Valencio View Post
No game is ever truly lost. Go watch the last teamfight from the Dreamhack match where CLG played M5, then think over how wrong you are.
They were an organized team in a tournament setting, i'm talking about pugs, not organized teams that get together to play. Thank you for misdirected my point...Again... I am talking about these pugs that nobody knows who they are, and have no affiliation with each other. Normal, draft/blind picks on summoners rift and Twisted treeline, not grouped together plays. When your being crushed or when your being slaughtered or when your being annihilated how does 2 no votes overrite 3 yes votes. <-----There is my point. My point is again,
1) How does 2 no votes overrite 3 yes votes in a PUG setting.
2) Is it fair to sit there in a lost game for it to take 50 minutes to loose (dispite the IP lost) when 2 *******s/trolls/afkers/Foreign speakers/noobs/or kids are keeping the 3 of us from surrendering in a lost cause game. (NOT A TURNAROUND GAME an IMPOSSIABLE GAME)
Read my other posts for more detail, but i want intellegent people answering this with legit retorts or agreements to my standing, NOT responces like
1) never give up
2) your wrong look at ELO tournament games............ .............
3) Waste of IP (therefore look at my other post)
4) no game is ever lost.
DO NOT RESPOND with an ignorant or off topic responce on what i said to the side. DO NOT RESPOND with an ignorant or off topic response on what i said to the side. DO NOT RESPOND with an ignorant or off topic responce on what i said to the side.

Im trying to get LoL to fix a legit problem LoL has and LoL doesn't have many, this is a very good game with very good producers and staff. I ask for support or a LEGIT response of why they think this shouldn't be fixed in a patch. please...

mnun

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkthor3 View Post
On one hand, I totally understand where you are coming from. But on the other hand, I have played with people who give up way too easily. Not saying this is you, but its the flip side. You say you play with trolls who just vote no to troll, I say I play with people who give up because we gave up first blood. The surrender system works such that you need 70% yes votes for it to be passed. A majority would be kind of unfair in that a team with a premade trio could decide the way the game goes. Just a guess here, I would say riot ran some tests and figured out that trio premades were way more common that quadra premades, and then decided to structure the surrender system around this data.

Just remember, you can always come back to win. No matter how bleak. I've been up in games 20-5 after 10 minutes and lost because my team and I messed around too much and didn't push our advantage. You never know what can happen.
I had to leave a game today, not proud if it, but I was with a four man premade who fed up the wazoo.
I tried to surrender twice, keep in mind i was still trying to win, but once i got our first kill to their thirty 40 minutes in, i hope y'all understand, lol

SpiffmeisterZ

10-03-2012

Ive had this happen a lot. Sometimes the team is so cought up in raging and blaming eachother and having someone rage quit/afk and we still can't get a surrender through... Sometimes even if we COULD turn it around I just don't want to because my team has pissed me off to the point I'm sick of seeing the rage spam and just want it over.

Yes, some people do give up too quickly, yes sometimes you can turn a game around, yes the pros do it all the time through calculated teamwork while all actively talking to eachother to plan and work together in real time. In a PUG that is all paying more attention to calling eachother noobs and refusing to work as a team yet still thinking they have a chance, it's like going all in after the river has been shown and you are running 'High Card with a 4 and a 2 in the pocket with 3 Queens showing. COULD you win? Sure. Chances are, though, you're just wasting your time.

And this is ESP true when it's flippin NORMAL. Ranked I can have a LOT more leeway for the tryhards because that's where you're supposed to do it, and because the opposing team will NOT let a lead go to waste and derp around just to get a full build and have fun laughing at your team. Normals mean nothing other than if that loss makes you THAT upset on your record, just go play a few more games.