Surrendering Problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angusthedead

10-01-2012

So i was recently playing a game as a jungle Hecarim in a 5v5 draft pick, and as the game started we were loosing badly, the score was 4 - 18, 10 minutes in the game. It was bad, top lane was feeding, mid was out beat by kassadin, and i was counter jungled. Top lane's turrets were destroyed and mid and bot had 1 turret gone. That's not the problem. At the 20 minute mark i try to surrender, 3 people including me "Yes" and 2 "No". And it didn't pass. and it was these 2 trolls who are just beating around the bush saying "Oh.. we can win stfu." This isn't the only situation either remember that. I understand if people want to try to win a game, but since less trolling like this is wasting my time when i just want to start a new game, and i can't leave or i get banned. So is it fair for the annoying stubborn players to get their way while i and 2 others suffer? I would be less angry if 2 "no" votes didn't outweigh 3 "yes" votes. Its ridiculous, in a 5v5 match, it would be mathematicly logical for the majority to win a vote. and in 3v3 twisted treeline, you have to get everyone to vote yes! How is that acceptable?!? I Loathe when myself and 2 others are suffering over 2 people being Jokers and not surrendering when we clearly lost. Do you know how HARD it is now to get a surrender vote passed? I feel like im on a diplomacy mission rather than playing a lost game. I surrender to start fresh, but this.. just makes me want to quit spending my time on it. Anyone else feel the same way?

UL9 Spark

10-01-2012

On one hand, I totally understand where you are coming from. But on the other hand, I have played with people who give up way too easily. Not saying this is you, but its the flip side. You say you play with trolls who just vote no to troll, I say I play with people who give up because we gave up first blood. The surrender system works such that you need 70% yes votes for it to be passed. A majority would be kind of unfair in that a team with a premade trio could decide the way the game goes. Just a guess here, I would say riot ran some tests and figured out that trio premades were way more common that quadra premades, and then decided to structure the surrender system around this data.

Just remember, you can always come back to win. No matter how bleak. I've been up in games 20-5 after 10 minutes and lost because my team and I messed around too much and didn't push our advantage. You never know what can happen.

Angusthedead

10-01-2012

Still, A majority is a Majority, i dont want to spend an Extra 20+ minutes loosing an even slower way, in chess when you've known you lost you surrender. Is this Concept any different? It IS hard to put in those factors with the trolls, being that riot based the surrendering system off of the 70%, but is it really easy to get 70% of 5? Whats 7 divided by 5? Whats 10 divided by 3? The factors dont match to a whole number, therefore it would make more since to have it at a 3/5 vote, or 60%+. If players really wanted to keep going, what stops 3 people voting no against 2 yeses? not only does it give the chance of the winning team to win early, but it also stops an excruciating game from dragging out to 50 minutes. And Seriously some games are just that bad to point of no return. when Rengar has the neckless and he's fed and when Kass is fed and when ashe is fed, its game over, i would rather start up a new game. I never surrender when there's chance for success believe me.

Snake XT

10-01-2012

I have a screenshot showing just how much we were getting our butts handed to us. It wasn't about the win just a bloodsport for the enemy team. Few of us tried surrending and it didn't go through so there I was stuck getting bullied. Somehow, we turned it around and won.

NotSoSuperMan

10-01-2012

Surrendering would always require a unanimous vote if I had my way. People surrender too quickly most of the time. The only time I want to surrender is if we're losing badly AND we've had 1 or more players disconnect.

Lord of Trolling

10-01-2012

One time, we were losing 2-48, but then we started getting serious and in the end, we won with 98-48 (IT WAS 3vs3!) so its not abt the surrendering, its abt the not giving up

Triysle

10-01-2012

I very rarely choose to surrender anymore. I used to throw out the surrender option very quickly until I got a bit more experience and had some amazing come from behind wins.

Also, there's a misconception that it's a "waste of time" to continue playing. The IP/XP gains are significantly higher if you play a full game, even if you lose. By surrendering, you're losing an opportunity to get more bonus...so really, surrendering and/or leaving the game is much more a waste of time than actually playing it out.

And who knows? They might make a bad call and get aced it's happened to me plenty of times. Had a few 4v5 wins late game and even a 3v5 backdoor win.

VanillaCrunch

10-01-2012

Yes. I NEVER surrender in Ranked, and in normals, I only surrender when they are a) At our Nexus destroying it, or b) A team who constantly are arguing.

Agent of God

10-02-2012

it's not over til it's over

T0RN

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkthor3 View Post
On one hand, I totally understand where you are coming from. But on the other hand, I have played with people who give up way too easily. Not saying this is you, but its the flip side. You say you play with trolls who just vote no to troll, I say I play with people who give up because we gave up first blood. The surrender system works such that you need 70% yes votes for it to be passed. A majority would be kind of unfair in that a team with a premade trio could decide the way the game goes. Just a guess here, I would say riot ran some tests and figured out that trio premades were way more common that quadra premades, and then decided to structure the surrender system around this data.

Just remember, you can always come back to win. No matter how bleak. I've been up in games 20-5 after 10 minutes and lost because my team and I messed around too much and didn't push our advantage. You never know what can happen.

this guy knows what he is talking about.