Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Attack Speed Slow Champs = OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Attack speed reductions stack multiplicatively (with the sole exception of Randuin's Omen's passive), and take percentages off the final attack speed value after all bonus attack speed has been factored in.

So to sum it up having a 40% atk speed item does not offset a 40% atk speed slow, because that 40% slow will reduce your total attack speed.

List of strongest champs, mainly because they have attack speed slows & short CDs:

Malphite, 50% Ground Pound 3sec AOE (7sec cd)

Lee Sin, 60% Cripple 4sec AOE (10sec cd)

Nunu, 25% ball 3sec (6sec cd) + 25% Ult AOE 3sec (90sec cd)

Ezreal, 40% Flux Line AOE 5sec (9sec cd)

Darius, 40% Crippling Strike 2sec (8sec cd with 1 sec taken off for every bleed on target)

Gragas, 40% Barrel 3sec AOE (7sec cd)

And the weaker champs but also good in their own way:

Nasus
, 35% -> 95% Wither 5sec (11sec cd)

Anivia, 20% continuous while in Ult (6sec cd)

Now throw some items in the mix and bye bye atk speed:

Frozen Heart, 20% AOE (1000 range)

Randuin's Omen,
35% 500 AOE Range (60sec cd) 2sec + real formula (1 + (armor + magic res)/200)
35% 3sec if proced off getting hit (20% chance)

XtremeApocalypse

10-01-2012

Okay, to rewrite my post, I feel like Lee Sin, Darius, Gragas and Nunu are all balanced, Malphite is a subject to be spoken of.

ADCisMyReligion

10-01-2012

Well the reason for this is attack speed slows slow your animation, which makes you unable to do anything. If you just attacked slower it would just be like playing as a lower level champion without attack speed. A low level AD carry can still orb walk. But with your attack animation affected you can't do anything.

Cry1

10-01-2012

the main problem is ezreal. the rest are fine

Tenronth

10-01-2012

anivia weak? hahahahahah

CooLTanG

Recruiter

10-01-2012

I just put anivia in the lower tier mainly cuz she's not played well a whole lot tbh.

FrontlinerDelta

10-01-2012

Agreed.

I would also like to point out that AS slows affect almost ALL types of champions, not just AD carries. Diana, Shyvana, and Irelia are 3 off the top of my head who are affected by this quite a bit. Also melee carries get completely dumped on by this, especially Fiora who doesn't get immunity to slows or her own slow.

Warden's/Randuin's is her biggest counter along with any other AS slow as AS is her prime steroid. (minor Fiora rant, lol).

FrontlinerDelta

10-01-2012

Apparently I killed this thread, lol. Bumping it for the OP, think he has a good point.

TheDeathsProphet

10-01-2012

Does attack speed debuff stack with each other? Like if Nunu slow a enemy and use his ult as he stand on it on bot lane combined with Ez's "W" does the ADC takes all this attack debuff stacked?

The Nice Boat

10-01-2012

So you're telling me that champions that can counter ADC with a unique concept are OP?