October MCCC - Delightfully Frightening!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigismund

11-05-2012

I would also like a review of Yarrum Drol when/if you have the time. I'm really happy that he made the top 3, but I'd still like to know how well he did in terms of the marking template the MCCC's have in place.

ObscureClockwork

11-05-2012

ill try to get to it after prototype two
im just so busy (im checking in once in a while)

Sigismund

11-05-2012

No worries. There's no urgency to it, and I although i would be thankful for the review, I do realize that I'm imposing on you by asking it, and that it probably won't get done in the near future (if at all) due to time constraints.

ObscureClockwork

11-19-2012

ok, so its about time i got the two reviews done

Prototypetwo
stats seem fine, except mana does seem on the high side

Passive: its a much better way of expressing "fear" in the aura, i like it. given this though, 1.25 seconds of cc from level 1 is probably strong. maybe make it scaling cc? (similar to annie's cc passive). also, what happens if you temporarily leave the aura radius?

Q: interesting ability! i like the design. I have questions pertaining aoe and multi-target effects. is it multi-taxed?
given this though, damage seems fine, but damage prevention seems really really really strong. i would lower it.

W I like the delayed dash. its a nice break from super-mobility champs. It does give a lot of burst mobility though.
what do you mean decide on a path? is it just a long skillshot?
Damage seems fine, and distance seems fine given channel

E: This is my favorite ability out of all of them. Its a powerful disruption move, but you factored in a lower cast range to compensate. I love the bonus damage, and the fact you put a limit on it.

R:Both forms seem to be good skills.
i especially like the augment on haunt, but i feel given the current damage protection for it, it seems rather high.
HIs healing in the light form seems to be balanced. I like the design of this, and his two forms, well done (though sad no love for his dash)

ObscureClockwork

11-19-2012

Sigismund

Stats seem fine,

Passive: Very good idea with adding incentive to take risk. i like it and it seems fine

Q: All parts seem fine, and i like the incentive to go melee (again, its adds a nice level of depth to it)

W: A nice combonation, though some questions
on the vector targeting mode, does yarrum move?
also, what happens if you target a person?
cooldown seems a bit short, but not overly so. well designed skill

E: I love this skill. It really personifies a risk-reward play. use it at ranged to get more damage, or use it on self if you think it can help you kill more than one. good job.
it seems weak on the self-cast portion though, but i may be underestimating the heal

R: I like it
though, ap seems powerful on base, but it may be my overestimation
cooldown seems kinda short, but its in the acceptable area

i like the feel of this guy. Hes a nice quirky character that centers around a melee-ranged dichotomy

Sigismund

12-01-2012

Thanks for the feedback.

His W would probably feel a little odd to use, but it would essentially operate as follows: The player can choose to target Yarrum Drol, and drag the cursor in any direction, which will trigger the target self effect and launch Yarrum Drol in the chosen direction or they can target ground and/or an enemy and have it trigger the delayed AoE pull (which only effects enemies). The Pull would always operate as if it was a target ground mechanic (similar to rupture), unless Yarrum Drol was the initial target.

I was concerned with making the heal numbers too high on his E, because it is equivalent to 51% spellvamp on his AoE abilities, and would trigger off of his passive. This number is lower than Hecarim's Aura, but I personally believe that Hecarim's heal is overpowered in teamfights and I wanted to avoid this with Yarrum Drol.

Glad you liked him, it was an interesting challenge to try to create a champion with this kind of dual usage on his abilities.