Dominion Tips from Fatal1ty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

10-01-2012

Wanted to share this with y'all: http://fatal1ty.com/dominion-tips/

Orphane

10-01-2012

Ghost....Revive?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Ghost....Revive?

Come on even with the ghost in there, they are still useful tips, i hate when my teams keep face suiciding at a 4 man camped enemy top. or when they lose one quarter of the game dying over and over at our bot because someone annoying like Alistar managed to capture it and doesn't want to give it back. those tips do help on reducing the seriousy damaging Tunnel vision Syndrome caused by extensive playing of summonner's rift.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

good tips in general, a couple of friendly suggestions:

1) in tip 3, you change person a LOT especially in the first sentence, which makes it sound kinda odd. Also what is this: "You need to cause confusion for your team"? i don't want to confuse my teammates any more than they normally are....

2) you might want to mention that taking the mastery point for revive is critical, a couple of times when i've just been doing bot games for a quick first win, there will be someone in there who is trying out revive because they hear its good, but don't take the mastery. Then they just revive but don't get the speed boost, and so are very unimpressed

3) shadows? tickets? lanes? (lanes is minorly acceptable, but there is really only one - bot lane. you shouldn't be hanging out in the others unless there is a large wave pushing. "points" or "towers" generally would be better) you might want to stick with more 'official' terminology like "fog of war" and "nexus health" that will keep things consistent for new players.

inFe eD

10-01-2012

Every single point is wrong except #7

Nyx87

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Every single point is wrong except #7
3 and 4 have some merit.

inFe eD

10-01-2012

Situational. #3 is based on the assumption that you always have 3 people camping top, which is wrong in the first place. #4, you don't always hug the fog if you're trying to divert attention, or if you have teammates ready to gank reinforcements. The tips overall seem based around low elo solo queue, where have 4 people sit on top point is usually enough to win.

Hamm3rhand

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
The tips overall seem based around low elo solo queue, where have 4 people sit on top point is usually enough to win.
of course they are, they were marketed that way to begin with " Wanting to try it out but don’t know where to start?"

I also don't see what your objection with number 4 is, walking through the fog out of your base is, like he said, *almost* always the best idea. (emphasis mine)

with the low elo solo queue thoughts in mind, these are probably really good tips, rather than people getting the notion that they should try to ram their heads against a 4 man group camping windmill over and over with the thought that something will change eventually. Its not a bad starting spot, and no 7 tip list would cover all situations. no one would expect it too.

Degnared

10-01-2012

Take them for what they are: tips from a well known FPS gamer directed to people who might not have even tried LoL before, let alone Dominion.

And besides, does anyone even get to high elo Dominion without learning and then unlearning most of these points? I know I did (but that might have been a side effect of playing the game mode since it was released). More recently, I've tried to explain some of the finer points to new dominion players that I've tried to get to cross over from SR, and the responses I've received have been... mixed. It's just a more tactically challenging mode than SR, and I think that learning bad but serviceable habits might be the only way to set yourself up to learn better ones by getting crushed by a premade.