Spirit Visage. Is it worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cerabrete2

10-02-2012

The stats are definitely worth the price; its just its an odd assortment of stats. Also the passive is only useful on a few champs.

Also is it worth the slot? Can other items do the job of spirit visage? I can buy the kindle-gem and null-magic mantle and get most of the base stats of this item and build them into other items.

Taikero

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerabrete2 View Post
The stats are definitely worth the price; its just its an odd assortment of stats. Also the passive is only useful on a few champs.

Also is it worth the slot? Can other items do the job of spirit visage? I can buy the kindle-gem and null-magic mantle and get most of the base stats of this item and build them into other items.
If you build Spellvamp/Lifesteal or you're Dr. Mundo/Warwick, Spirit Visage is never a terrible idea, especially when facing an AP heavy team.

cerabrete2

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
For the cost of 1550 gold, you're getting ~475 gold worth of MR and ~780 gold worth of HP... That's already worth 1,250 gold...
So is that 10% CDR worth 300 gold?
The base stats are worth it, but the passive is useless on most and helps a few. Why not get these stats from other items? You can get the kindlegem and null-magic mantle and build them into other items.

Certified

10-02-2012

You could indeed get Kindlegem and Null Mantle and build them into other items...

Shurelya's or Zeke's... Usually a support builds Shurelya's, so unless I feel like my team needs 2, I typically don't build this item as a top laner... Zeke's is similar, but I guess that depends more on your support... Personally, whenever I play with friends, 7/10 times either the jungler or support will grab a Zeke's, other times, I'll grab it... But only if the team can really benefit from it... AD carries always appreciate it, but sometimes you have an AP jungler who doesn't utilize Zeke's very well...

Spirit Visage passive has good synergy with the Zeke's Herald aura...

Also, consider your other sources of CDR, such as Frozen Heart... If no-one else is grabbing a Frozen Heart, I'll grab one, therefore Spirit Visage losses a lot of it's appeal, because the CDR is wasted...

I consider Spirit Visage niche, but not under-powered... If laning against an AP, the early HP/CDR/MR helps a lot... the Passive is minor, but it keeps you in lane a little longer... Yes, it's cost effective, but you shouldn't ALWAYS buy it... It depends a lot on your team comp, what the rest of your team plans on buying, and if all the aura's are covered but you still need CDR, Spirit Visage fills that niche nicely...

Metabot

10-03-2012

I use it on fiddlesticks so that my drain heals my for 95% of the damage done