Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

10-04-2012

can I honor someone for making good plays (skillful plays)?

juanmed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Honestly it sucks.

Ghan04

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourbest View Post
So, if I play with a friend from RL of course I'm going to honour them. They're my friend and I honour my friends. If I do this too much I get punished? I hope that's wrong.
If you spam Honor to a friend after every game you play with them, then yes, that will likely be a problem.
Keep in mind that Honor is designed to be given to those players who create a positive experience for everyone in the game and increase the enjoyment that everyone gets out of League of Legends. Assuming that your friend is indeed an Honorable player, he or she should be receiving Honor fairly regularly from other players and not just you all the time.

Ghan04

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
can I honor someone for making good plays (skillful plays)?
You shouldn't necessarily Honor someone just based upon their gameplay. Honor is more focused on a player's attitude in game. If the player has a positive attitude and interacts positively with others in the match, then you should Honor them. However, it's still very possible for someone to play well, but have a bad attitude, in which case he or she should not receive Honor.

iggygood

10-04-2012

Hey Riot!

I really, really enjoy this new positive feedback system! Thanks for doing that.

I finished a game with a friend today and i saw he had is first game since the patch and his first friendly honor. He was gald but he was looking at my honors and he went : i like it but it I feel like i am less of a positive player then you because you have so many honors!

Then i thought honors should be compiled on a percentage of honor points per games. Because otherwise you have this :

Player with 3 games per week : gets 5 honor points

Player with 12 games per week : gets 5 honor points

Then you look at their summoner profile and you think they are equally positive players but they really are not!

Do you agree? please comment if you think this is not a good idea and thumbs up if you agree

Iggygood

Ghan04

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggygood View Post
Hey Riot!

I really, really enjoy this new positive feedback system! Thanks for doing that.

I finished a game with a friend today and i saw he had is first game since the patch and his first friendly honor. He was gald but he was looking at my honors and he went : i like it but it I feel like i am less of a positive player then you because you have so many honors!

Then i thought honors should be compiled on a percentage of honor points per games. Because otherwise you have this :

Player with 3 games per week : gets 5 honor points

Player with 12 games per week : gets 5 honor points

Then you look at their summoner profile and you think they are equally positive players but they really are not!

Do you agree? please comment if you think this is not a good idea and thumbs up if you agree

Iggygood
Lyte has said previously that Honor is normalized based on the number of games you have played, so your idea is basically already implemented.
Glad you are enjoying the Honor Initiative!

iggygood

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
Lyte has said previously that Honor is normalized based on the number of games you have played, so your idea is basically already implemented.
Glad you are enjoying the Honor Initiative!
Well thank you kind sir for telling me

i didn't knew that!

Iggygood

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-04-2012
55 of 81 Riot Posts

The second secret was unlocked in the Honor Initiative. Wonder what it is..

Xanthus730

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The second secret was unlocked in the Honor Initiative. Wonder what it is..
What was secret number 1?

j j

10-04-2012

I didn't read the thread but I can only give out like 2 honor per game. Uhm, isn't that messed up? What if I enjoyed playing with all 4 people on my team? I have to make a choice who 'deserves the honor' over the other?