Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
54 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancat View Post
ME as top lane: You were a great opponent top, gonna honor yuh !
Other top laner: "You too, same !"

Not considered trading right? Some of the people in my games are confused about the reference to 'trading' I'm assuming that is for people queing together and constantly rewarding each-other very game.

Thanks!
This is fine, although letting players know they are being Honored gets tricky if you do it every game.

Liath

10-03-2012

This ****ing **** tastic game fails to deliver. **** all of you

Nynx82

10-03-2012

i love this system its anonymous but after playing a match and seeing that you were marked as an honorable opponent and for teamwork in a game that you lost really does show that no matter how bad things seem stay positive. it makes me inspired to keep a positive attitude from champ select to end game stats. and i think the most important of all the honor categories is the opponent. im inspired to make it fun for my laning opponent even if were dead equal or im losing or winning. i want to make sure we are both enjoying the match. and a typed out Good Game Well Played at the end makes every match end better

WayneChaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

what is the reasoning behind hiding the red crest award from the person and his allies, only showing enemies?

BlueBerryJuices

10-04-2012

I love the honour system. Not only do I feel good when I get some, I feel good when I give it out. I give it out for almost anything. Someone was willing to play thier second choice at champ select? Someone on the losing team with a great KD ratio gging and wping? Someone on our team not doing well, and not being screamed at for it? 4v5 from the outset, but my team all still try hard? If I would happily play another game with either an opponent or one of my team then I feel I should let them know with a nice honour pop-up.

I feel this is one of the best updates Riot have done, while I can see it being an under appreciated currency, in my mind I don't see it as something to collect. It is a way of letting players know you enjoyed playing with them, a way of saying "hey we lost, but we fought hard and to the end." When I get to the end of a game I am no longer looking at the stats screen thinking, was that Malphite's rage at the solo top harassment, but that mid lane Cass was so positive despite being focused by thier jungler.

If you hadn't guessed I love this system.

That said I don't find the "helpful" tab on the three to be worthwhile, and any situation which honour could be given for it I feel could fall into teamwork or friendly. I would also like a selection of buttons for opponents so I can let them know which of thier behaviour I liked. "gracious in defeat/victory." "friendly" etc...but I guess it is harder to gauge with only half the chat. I also dislike how it is the honor system and not honour...but thats just because im British.

In summary...More GG less EASY.

Kittyrina

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBerryJuices View Post
Someone on the losing team with a great KD ratio gging and wping? Someone on our team not doing well, and not being screamed at for it? 4v5 from the outset, but my team all still try hard?
Yes, I love this. I'm probably stingier with handing out honor than you are, but I love giving it to people who had a bad game, but are clearly trying, apologizing for bad plays, and remaining friendly throughout. Rather than yelling at their teammates for "not being there" or whatever.

The 4 vs 5 one is a good idea, I should make sure to honor everyone who sticks with it without whining in those games. The whiny ones take up so much attention. I'll be sure to honor even those who just quietly continue to play hard and try.

I think I also agree about the Helpful rating, I don't use that one very much. Mostly Friendly and Teamwork, for teammates.

WayneChaw

Recruiter

10-04-2012

@Lyte, what happens when someone has a team work and a friendly crest, does only one show or they show at different corners?

Tycore

10-04-2012

Why do people keep saying they think RP should be a reward for this system? When buy the very nature of what RP is it can not be given for free for in game accomplishments.

Tycore

10-04-2012

Why do people keep saying they think RP should be a reward for this system? When buy the very nature of what RP is it can not be given for free for in game accomplishments.

Yourbest

10-04-2012

So, if I play with a friend from RL of course I'm going to honour them. They're my friend and I honour my friends. If I do this too much I get punished? I hope that's wrong.