Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juiceyninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

*asks serious relative question* *lyte misses it / shrugs it off as unimportant*

Re-rolling.

Lyte, what kind of effect will honour have on players that sometimes have small outbursts of rages and toxic behavior. Will having honor lower the chance of being banned, or will it affect how the tribunal judges someone...

I think it should have some sort of balance built around it.

inb4 toxic behavior is never acceptable.

Getting on league drunk and trolling is fun IMO, I still play well but I play un-common things like AP teemo.

also inb4 Lyte doesn't reply.

Juiceyninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Typed out a huge comment and it didn't upload.. Fuaaarrkkk.

Anyway, Lyte can you please respond to my previous post?

I also would like to know honors affect on the Tribunal (if any)

wilmer007

10-03-2012

What i want to know is if someone tells their team something like "Honor me for carrying you" if that can be considered spamming or trading. Like does the system automatically trigger a red flag on keywords like "trade, honor" and does the player have to just not say anything that would trigger a red flag. I don't say anything to try to get Honor so when ppl give me Honor it is actually legit because i didn't ask for Honor, but if someone else says something like "Honor me for carrying you" that kinda gives him an advantage over me in terms of accumulating honor if he is allowed to say things like that without getting red flagged.

Sereg Anfaug

10-03-2012

Not sure how that's an advantage, wilmer. Personally, I'd never honor someone who requested it, even if I would have, otherwise. I did have an opposing player say he'd honor me one game, and as I took that as a compliment of my conduct(indicative of an honorable attitude), and his behavior was otherwise quite acceptable, I decided to honor him as well(in addition to several of my teammates who I also felt had played honorably).

However, someone requesting it, especially for an activity that isn't related to what the honor system is for, like carrying you, would be an automatic red flag for me, whether it's one for Riot or not.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
53 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceyninja View Post
Typed out a huge comment and it didn't upload.. Fuaaarrkkk.

Anyway, Lyte can you please respond to my previous post?

I also would like to know honors affect on the Tribunal (if any)
People with Honor are treated the same as any other player in the Tribunal. There's several reasons we decided to go with this including the fact that truly Honorable players actually never end up in the Tribunal.

Exiled Support

10-03-2012

Since the new Honor system has been introduced I have gained 12 friendly, 5 helpful, 27 teamwork, and 58 Honourable Opponent. I was just wonder how high that is in relation to others.

Lancat

10-03-2012

ME as top lane: You were a great opponent top, gonna honor yuh !
Other top laner: "You too, same !"

Not considered trading right? Some of the people in my games are confused about the reference to 'trading' I'm assuming that is for people queing together and constantly rewarding each-other very game.

Thanks!

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisuwolf View Post
I have to say that I also have a hard time seeing the problems you attest to. You, my friend, are in the best possible position for this system. You are correct in saying that it is easier to get Honor by playing solo and not with premades. This allows you to have a choice that many others players do not have. You have the ability to play solo and receive the same Honor possibilities as everyone else but this will also give you a greater chance of being in a game with a troll. On the other hand you can also chose to play premades and have less chance of receiving honor but a better chance of being in a game with no trolls. Many, if not most, people only have the option of playing solo games with the high possibility of being placed in a match with a troll. So to say it puts you at a disadvantage is inaccurate. It only allows you to have a choice that many players don't get. You can chose to play games to fulfill any need you see fit whether that be more Honor or matches with friends, it is up to you. You, my friend, have nothing to complain about as you come out better from this Honor system implementation than most, with it being a positive implementation for all, with you receiving more positives from the new system than most.
To be frank I find your conclusion to be a load of ****. Even Lyte has said it is harder to get honor when playing with friends than not so how you can conclude I will be coming out better is mind boggling. To fully participate in the honor system one needs to not play with friends because it is a disadvantage should they implement rewards.

As for trolls that is what the Tribunal is for so I don't see why you are bringing that up because trolls are not what this system is designed to deal with.

Lord of Loins

10-03-2012

Just wanna say this was an AMAZING idea and has already had a measurable impact on my gameplay experience. I've tried my best to carry a positive attitude through playing but I'll admit it's often a struggle and I've definitely let rage get the better of me (and lord knows it has often felt warranted). One day of playing with this system and I've already noticed a difference with how I approach the conversation as well as others in the game. Much more positive, much more supportive and a lot better sportsmanship between teams.

Thanks for addition! Woot!

911toast

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship View Post
Good idea but I don't think it will be as effective as you originally put it out to be.
This could be one of the greatest things that ever happened to this game.