Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Farsight

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
Not only that, but the fact that this system punishes people for playing with friends, or for using a feature provided by Riot by making it harder to acquire said incentive is out right absurd.
Honestly, this is ridiculous. You are punished by playing with your friends because you will pretty much always have a more enjoyable experience in premades than in soloqueue? i don't care about rewards, I pretty much only play premades because they are way more fun. If Lyte wants to offer rewards for people to treat each other better, then I'm fine with it. It doesn' t affect me either way (except if I get honor from co-op games).

You need to understand that the people who have a premade to play with are already rewarded, because they will pretty much never have to endure a random stranger leaving the game or raging at you for a single mistake. People who play with premades don't need rewards to behave because they are already behaving well when around their friends.

You need to understand that, simply put, the honor system is NOT for people who play with premades, it's meant in the first place to make solo queue a better place.

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Farsight View Post
Honestly, this is ridiculous. You are punished by playing with your friends because you will pretty much always have a more enjoyable experience in premades than in soloqueue? i don't care about rewards, I pretty much only play premades because they are way more fun. If Lyte wants to offer rewards for people to treat each other better, then I'm fine with it. It doesn' t affect me either way (except if I get honor from co-op games).

You need to understand that the people who have a premade to play with are already rewarded, because they will pretty much never have to endure a random stranger leaving the game or raging at you for a single mistake. People who play with premades don't need rewards to behave because they are already behaving well when around their friends.

You need to understand that, simply put, the honor system is NOT for people who play with premades, it's meant in the first place to make solo queue a better place.
The idea that people in premades are behaving well is what is ridiculous. Their treatment of the other team means nothing I guess? Premades are just as much a part of this system as someone in solo queue, but they are being treated like second class citizens with fewer options for gaining honor.

Like I said so long as there is no reward for it then I am fine with it. However, this community is competitive and people want what the "Jones's" have, and it is punishing to people that play with friends because in order to get points they have to put up with BS spewing from the other team and/or the one or two random players on their team just as much as someone in solo queue. They just get fewer options to gain honor/future rewards that have been alluded to. I don't always play with premades, but when I do I don't want to feel handicapped for doing so.

Why add someone to your friends list that you enjoyed playing with if you are being incentivized not too?

Dawnsrequiem

10-03-2012

Now people just think I'm trying to get honor points when I'm nice and don't take me seriously... I really don't know how much I like this...

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This isn't really a bug--sometimes, players will sit in the lobby for awhile then give you the Honor. If you leave the lobby before them, then they Honor you a few minutes later... your notifications will be queued up to the next great opportunity. For you, it probably was after re-login ;p
No, it was a bug in this case. Here's how that game went. I entered the game with 1 total teamwork honour and 1 total honourable opponent honour. I left the game and it said I was awarded with a teamwork honour. I checked my honour, and I now had 2 total teamwork honour and 2 total honourable opponent honour. I logged off, then later in the day logged back on when it then said "You have been awarded an honour for being an honourable opponent!", but my honour remained the same, meaning it was the extra honourable opponent honour from before, but I didn't get a notification about it until I logged off then back on.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Could you look into creating an option for taking back honor? I've just honored a player who's behavior was fairly good ingame, but then he was unpleasant in post game chat as soon as I'd awarded it. Rather disappointing.

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnsrequiem View Post
Now people just think I'm trying to get honor points when I'm nice and don't take me seriously... I really don't know how much I like this...
That is because systems like this make genuinely kind people look like high pressure used car salesman. It doesn’t make the community better it just makes it pessimistic.

Pira8

10-03-2012

Have you guys noticed a player who at end of games copies and pastes, "You have all been great players/fun to play with. I'm going to Honor all."? Then he doesn't honor anyone, but just says that to make everyone else clicks the honor button for him.

Not sure how many honor you need to have a badge beside your name during champion selection, but he already has one and the only one I have seen; was on the enemy team.

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pira8 View Post
Have you guys noticed a player who at end of games copies and pastes, "You have all been great players/fun to play with. I'm going to Honor all."? Then he doesn't honor anyone, but just says that to make everyone else clicks the honor button for him.

Not sure how many honor you need to have a badge beside your name during champion selection, but he already has one and the only one I have seen; was on the enemy team.
That is probably sufficient cause to report that person for Spamming. Even if he doesn't actually hand out Honor, it will likely put the system on that person's trail.

Stakhanov

10-03-2012

Unsure if this was brought up...but just curious... You do not want people constantly spamming honour for their friends etc, but at the same time...why should we not be able to reward our friends for teamwork and the like? I understand that stacking it is an issue, but it seems to me a simple fix for that would be to limit being able to give honour to a specific person to one time in any given 24 hour period or something along those lines. Seems like a relatively simple way to fix that issue...

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakhanov View Post
Unsure if this was brought up...but just curious... You do not want people constantly spamming honour for their friends etc, but at the same time...why should we not be able to reward our friends for teamwork and the like? I understand that stacking it is an issue, but it seems to me a simple fix for that would be to limit being able to give honour to a specific person to one time in any given 24 hour period or something along those lines. Seems like a relatively simple way to fix that issue...
Lyte did not say that it is wrong to ever give Honor to friends - it is just that in the long run, if you do it often, it will count for less. If you don't do it all the time every game, then you should not have a problem.