Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jer1075

10-03-2012

I feel better about playing now that this is out. Until my last game I knew nothing about it and was a 1 or 2 game a day player. Now that there is this honor I think that I will be playing a lot more. The reason I didn't play much is because of negative players or tools if you will. These players really made me not want to play. Now that I can honor those that are Friendly, Helpful, and Play well with others I will play more just to honor those that have good sportsmanship. Even if the tools start ACTING better is a bonus in it's self. Please Riot make rewards for those that are Honorable and want better game play. Even if I never get anything those that are Honorable should get something. Tools get punished,(reported) Good players get Rewards.

DiscworldDeath

10-03-2012

Lyte.

You said honour should only work for matchmade games, not for customs or co-op VS AI. Well, I and some friends just 5 man played vs bots (euw went down, so we wanted to make sure it's stable again before committing to real games), and we saw the Honour option green-lit, so we tried it, and it worked.

Is this a bug, or a feature for those who help new players/play almost entirely co-op vs AI? Cause we were given to understand it shouldn't have honour in that mode.

Mick Swagger

10-03-2012

lyte everytime I queue with my friend (irl so I cant be like no and delete him) he honors me but I dont honor him because I know this is abusive. How will this effect me?

Decaflame

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
Thats fine so long as you never give out any kind of reward for this system. If you ever give out a reward you are telling people they should not play with friends, and will be punished for doing so.

I should not have to be subjected to the fake gratitude/humbleness of strangers trying to suck up for points. I will never honor someone no matter how nice they seem because I can only assume it is a pathetic attempt to fish for points.
What a way to go through life...Do you assume that all nice people in the world only want something from you as well? Also, would you prefer that people were jerks to each other as opposed to being sometimes insincerely kind?

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Lyte.

You said honour should only work for matchmade games, not for customs or co-op VS AI. Well, I and some friends just 5 man played vs bots (euw went down, so we wanted to make sure it's stable again before committing to real games), and we saw the Honour option green-lit, so we tried it, and it worked.

Is this a bug, or a feature for those who help new players/play almost entirely co-op vs AI? Cause we were given to understand it shouldn't have honour in that mode.
Co-Op is considered a matchmade game, so the Honor options should appear for it as well. I remember Lyte mentioning this back in the original Honor system announcement.

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaflame View Post
What a way to go through life...Do you assume that all nice people in the world only want something from you as well? Also, would you prefer that people were jerks to each other as opposed to being sometimes insincerely kind?
Most people are not nice to strangers, and often times the ones that seem to be kind are just going through the motions when in reality they don't care one way or another about the other person. Not to mention taking everyone at face value is a good way to get conned. What I prefer is people being truthful rather than being jerks or insincerely kind.

That being said, in life people being kind sincere or not don't normally have an incentive to do so and it can be taken in whatever way you wish, but in systems like this where there will be an incentive it's just not genuine. Not only that, but the fact that this system punishes people for playing with friends, or for using a feature provided by Riot by making it harder to acquire said incentive is out right absurd.

Lutanic

10-03-2012

I had to read up on it after what it said i was like cool this should be fun and interesting.

RedPlanet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Honor notifications are annoying.

Can we have some more control over notifications in the client? I'm not sure I want to turn off all notifications just to disable those. (I'm not even sure if that option works, since the honor messages use a different location.)

It seems odd that these notifications must be manually dismissed, but actually important notifications (such as server instability) offer no fanfare. I think the reverse situation would make more sense (an unintrusive box in the corner saying you got honor, and an actual popup giving notification of server instability.)

GerbieZombils

10-03-2012

Well.. collecting stats is nice. Nice counter to all the rage outbursts of "Y U SOH BAD?! I REPRT!!"

A Ghandi skin for people with high honor would be total awesomesauce. Just sayin'.

afroj92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I'm actually really happy about this, I've already seen an increase in teamwork and friendliness when i play. There are still a few bad apples but it's getting better. Thank you riot.