Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordClifton

10-02-2012

NIce!!! I know Mobafire had something like this, but your spin on the idea is outstanding.
While I would be more careful about the amount someone can give Honor to a player (like once per day?), this idea is pretty legit and should help the overall community.

JusDoc

10-02-2012

I hope I'm wrong, but until benefits are added such as ip boost or being qued with similarly honored players, people who didn't care before probably wont care now, and those who already cared wont need to change anything =(.

still though, i love where this is headed!

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Reposted via request. I've already addressed his concerns as best I can, but if there's a red post in response to this and I manage to catch it, I'll pass it on to him.

Basnap

"Hi!

I am from the EUW and since I feel that riot doesnt answer nearly as much replies there as here, I ask a friendly neighbourhood forums member from here to post this in the honor thread for me (forums restricted for summs below lv5). Pls give me the link to the thread page int his topic here as a reply.

I love using honor. But I am out of it. I am not trading it or giving it to ppl who act incorrectly. But I feel it right to give it to everyone who doesn't do anything wrong. Hence, I even REALLY WANT to give it to people who just played nicely. They don't have to act extremly well for me to give them honor. They need to act fine. Fine means for me basically, first, nothing to report them for as well as not minor whining or flaming. In short: If you just stfu as my enemy, I honor you. Especially if I won a game, but even if not, chances are that you just get honored as well.

Please allow people like me to spend out more honor points!"

My response:

Sereg Anfaug

"I don't believe that's the way the honor system was intended to be used, which is precisely why they've limited the points you can spend.

I'm fairly free with it myself, often awarding it to 3-5 people per game, and I have yet to encounter a limit."

Thanks.

OneVendetta

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
I have the perfect rewards for this system

Exchange ur honor points to unban ur friends! yes!

100 points = remove 1 day ban
300 points = remove 3 days bans
600 points = remove 7 day bans
1,000 points = remove 14 days bans
2,500 points = remove permanent bans

Win-win situation O_O

EDIT: I think the requirements are a bit too low. Feel free to just multiply them by 3, 4 or even 5.
In case anyone missed it. HUEHUEHUE

Prof Zuhayr

10-02-2012

i was just about to post a thread about something similar to this

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-02-2012
43 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray the Grayte View Post
I like the concept Lyte but allowing people to give honor to premade friends is the bit I don't get.

Why not just make it really simple for people and make it so you cannot honor ppl on your friends list at all? Like the green button doesn't appear at all?

Means you don't have to spend time explaining what is abuse and what isn't etc (see examples above) or working the appropriate weighting for friend given vs stranger given honor.

The reason you play with a premade friend is that you already like playing with them. Honor should only apply to strangers.

Regards,

Gray.
We considered restricting Honor for premade friends, but eventually decided to instead implement some math to still allow premades to participate in the Honor Initiative even if they play premades in a vast majority of their games. Players who premade often will have to earn most of their Honor from the enemy team, which isn't easy!

Little Crowe

10-02-2012

its is about time you get rewarded for being a good and respectable player

Best Fizz EU

10-02-2012

Lyte, I found a minor bug. Sometimes honour notifications (Saying that you received honour) will appear immediately after you play a game, but sometimes you will have to exit the client and log back in to receive the notification. Just thought I would point this out. Nothing game-breaking, but it doesn't seem to be an intended feature.

noooooooo

10-02-2012

I'm certain this has already been asked but I'm not digging through 81 pages of forum to find it.

People have varying standards, how are you guys going to ever get an accurate and valid result from this if there is no control?

If there is a control group, I'd like to see the benchmarks for it, that way I can compare them to my own method of determining if someone is worthy of being honored, in 20 games I've only met 2 people I felt did something worth honoring. I myself have gotten a handful of honors for being equally helpful and doing nothing in particular.

Charon81

10-02-2012

I like the new honor system. Even though it doesn't affect anything right now, it's just nice to have a little button that says "Hey, I enjoyed playing with ___________."