Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DntMatterHadSex

10-02-2012

I've been waiting for something like this. I don't like reporting people, even though they did something wrong that I didn't like, I'm just not a negative person. But now I can reward players that actually make the game better for other people, a positive change that I like. Thumps up to Riot!!!

Chewbert

10-02-2012

what is the point in honor? is there a way for you to view your ally's honor during lobby/pre-game? i can troll all day, get no honor, and you wont even know i am a troll until we are in game. i'd suggest making your honor viewable by your allies pre-game, this way you can "show-off" your honor points to someone.

honestly.. who looks up a random stranger just to view their honor?

AwkwardSilence

10-02-2012

I'm assuming that matchmaking won't be affected by Honor in a balancing sense. Do you believe it would be necessary? ie: If a team of people on the "Honor Roll" vs a team without anyone with much honor will be at an unfair disadvantage.

LeeBraum Jenkins

10-02-2012

Riot, this is an amazing idea that you guys have come up with to increase the positivity of the game. Every game will be more enjoyable now that ignorant or rude people see a reason to be not a total dick about every little thing.

OneVendetta

10-02-2012

I have the perfect rewards for this system

Exchange ur honor points to unban ur friends! yes!

100 points = remove 1 day ban
300 points = remove 3 days bans
600 points = remove 7 day bans
1,000 points = remove 14 days bans
2,500 points = remove permanent bans

Win-win situation O_O

EDIT: I think the requirements are a bit too low. Feel free to just multiply them by 3 or 4.

Sisuwolf

10-02-2012

Thank you for this system Riot. It is great. Prior to this implementation I was in the habit of saying "I'll do whatever is needed provided we have no trolls," in most random player selection lobbies in an effort to try and get a good team and give incentive for people to not troll. It works somewhat but there were still trolls and it could only help so much.

After one day of this system the community has already drastically improved. I was nearly in the habit of never playing at America's peak hours (roughly 9pm-1am PST) because the amount of trolls during these hours was way, way higher than at other times of the day. However, last night that all changed. People are, at least for the time being, not trolling nearly as much and are way nicer. I have a feeling after a week or so it might backslide as the trolls return to their former ways but overall it should yield a community with less trolls than before and that's all we can hope for.

This system is amazing and I don't even want rewards added. Better than any exclusive skin, or IP, or RP, is the fact that this system has lowered the number of trolls drastically and that is the best reward of all.

Gray the Grayte

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've already taken things like this into account. Check the website for some of the extra features we've implemented to prevent trading or premade abuse.
Quote:
If your friends were truly exceptional in the game and made it a great experience for the pub players in your game, please Honor them.

If you queue up 100 games in a row with your friend and just give each other Honor all 100 games... you'll trigger the system to investigate both accounts and most likely lose all your Honor if you were found abusing Honor.
Quote:
Don't worry! We've taken a lot of extra measures to prevent premade abuse. In fact, we even normalize the data such that if you play 1000 games, you don't necessarily have an Honor advantage over someone who plays only 100 games.

The Honor Initiative recognizes stuff like the source of your Honor (random players give you the most value!) and the percentage (and not the raw number!) of games that you are Honorable in.
Quote:
No bans will be handed out for something like this; however, you won't get full value out of their Honor.
Quote:
This is fine, as long as your friends are genuinely positive and Honorable players.
Quote:
If you were genuinely that awesome, then you would get to keep your Honor of course.
I like the concept Lyte but allowing people to give honor to premade friends is the bit I don't get.

Why not just make it really simple for people and make it so you cannot honor ppl on your friends list at all? Like the green button doesn't appear at all?

Means you don't have to spend time explaining what is abuse and what isn't etc (see examples above) or working the appropriate weighting for friend given vs stranger given honor.

The reason you play with a premade friend is that you already like playing with them. Honor should only apply to strangers.

Regards,

Gray.

RazeluxeRex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

I absolutely love this honor system! Feels great giving honor points and receiving!

SøµñÐ

10-02-2012

Idea.. Put bronze silver gold plat and diamon icon on honnor too

MrBoffoSupreme

10-02-2012

I was thinking that it would be cool if some of the rewards could be like something like a second win of the day boosts or just a standard 2 or 4 game IP boost. Maybe in circumstances of extreme honor (that sounds pretty rad) you could even give a free rune page or champion. Otherwise, I think that gaining higher honor should put you with other plays with high honor. Any thoughts?