Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

yayy

HaShedon

10-02-2012

Saw this yesterday and nearly immediately forgot about it, despite seeming like a pretty nice idea.
That being said, when 2 guys on the enemy team gave me honor points for being sympathetic about their ragequitter teammate (my lighthearted joking up til they surrendered probably didn't hurt, either) it felt really damn good. Keep up the great new ideas, Riot. You guys are amazing.

OobeReube

10-02-2012

Love the new feature!!! Smart idea and I really hope it works the way it is intended. I got an Honor Point in my first game from the other team and I was very surprised.

Flatastic

10-02-2012

Thank you Riot, for adding this fantastic feature to the game. I know some people don't think it's going to benefit anything, but personally I'm glad you added this. Knowing that someone can let me know that my positive attitude or teamwork (vice versa), is creating a better gameplay experience is priceless. Thanks again

Dercy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unless you are clearly abusing Honor (such as giving it to 9 players every game), it's pretty difficult to run out. Responsible players really have nothing to worry about here. I've been watching data on this one closely and if players are running out when they genuinely should be giving out Honor, I'll just bump up the number of Honor people acquire in their bank.
If we were to give some out every game to a certain amount of players, roughly how many could we give out without being cut off?
Example: I usually try to give out 3 per game, unless there isn't 3.

Also, what's being down to stop people from honouring their friends every game? Is there a set limit we should know about?

HateFrost

10-02-2012

Ty so much for adding this i been so tired of people with negitive attitudes just ruining the game!!!! its a game and its ment to have fun with not to put people down.

MeiButter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonowns View Post
It'd be nice if players with high Honor got something like +10% IP gains or something, or perhaps you could queue players with high Honor together so the nicer you are, the nicer teammates you get?

Thanks for implementing this. I love playing support because I make lots of friends, now I can score some Honor too
This is a great idea. Like niceness elo. If trolls got stuck with a team full of trolls they might see the value in playing nice =)

ShadowStormLOL

10-02-2012

This Honor Initiative is so damn clever. Everybody is focusing on the actual honor itself, and what categories / how much you can get. But the real genius is this:

Having honor in addition to reporting gives you something else to look out for in a game. In theory, people will start entering games looking for people to honor, not people to report. Which means they'll be focusing on the positive. Which means they'll be remembering the positive, which means their overall outlook on the community will turn positive. Which will make them more positive. Which actually makes the community better.

Lyte and Team PBJ get +1000 clever points.

RyuuMasken

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
So far, Helpful Honors are the most difficult to get. 3 players have been flagged for Honor abuse so far and banned temporarily on NA--the system has identified them as dishonorable and they'll lose all their Honor.
Lyte, I was wondering why enemy players can't give helpful honor?

If am playing a role I don't know very well, and the enemy player of that role gives me some tips during or after the game, shouldn't we have the option of honoring them for being helpful and teaching us about the game?

Dr Sloth MD

10-02-2012

I know you can't release hard numbers, but can you give us a rough timeframe on how often we can honor our friends? I try to keep only positive players on my friends list and I'd like to reward them for their behavior, but I don't want the system to flag us if they're giving me honor as well.

So are we talking like once every few weeks/months, every 50 games, what?

Hopefully once you get enough data you can just tweak the system so players aren't penalized for using it the "wrong" way even though they didn't intend to exploit it. It'd be nice to just press the button as much as I want but have the system stop counting them or automatically depreciate their value when I do it too much.