Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SalvaXr

10-02-2012

I have a doubt, the numbers I see on my summoner profile, are the amount of people that give me honor, or is it like a rank or something like that? I mean, if 1 people gives me 1 honor my profile will show 1, if 3 people give me 1 honor, my profile will show 2, and so on?

Urbaninsurgent

10-02-2012

such a great idea ! amazing way to get players to work together, and boost a summoners self esteem!

Seethman

10-02-2012

I really hope that I can start getting into games with people based on Honor and not elo. More fun is more fun, win or lose.
Thanks for doing all this, Lyte. May your data always be accurate and your system easily configurable!

DoYouWantAHug

10-02-2012

I guess I am considered a toxic player I have been banned about 8 time's in the past 3 year's or so and also have had my original name changed due to it being inappropiate I think this honor thing will help it kind of motivates me to get honored instead of reported. Also the discussion of incentives well getting alot of honor on my profile isn't bad it's cool even if I dont get some IP for it I own all the champion's anyway's so it's not like I really need IP.
Lastly to Lyte kudo's for the constant responses all 42 of them that is haha.

IS186afbf367d955

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're always thinking ahead. Features like the Tribunal and the Honor Initiative are always iterated on, so there are reasons why we chose 4 categories and not 1 or 10
Exactly I'm starting to know you.. That's why I was wondering : "why as many as 4 ? "
You didn't answer though

Thoragh

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unless you are clearly abusing Honor (such as giving it to 9 players every game), it's pretty difficult to run out. Responsible players really have nothing to worry about here. I've been watching data on this one closely and if players are running out when they genuinely should be giving out Honor, I'll just bump up the number of Honor people acquire in their bank.
I take it, the reason we don't know what our current "bank" totals are is so we don't abuse it correct?

Flagrock

10-02-2012

I'll probably be downvoted for this but: Don't add rewards for honor, or make it like the Judgment Kayle skin.

I am really happy with the system that's in place now. In some of my games people are trying to be good so they get honored because they think that a reward is going to come. I find that this makes the whole system look bad I know that I don't care, and or, don't want to get a reward for this system because the player base "should" be acting this way regularly. All I could ask for is a % of games where you were honored. I love this honor system because my goal is to try and be a positive influenced in 50% of my games, but I can only see how people have honored me, so if that was added I'd love you Riot so much!

Voy My Boy Toy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Great idea! I see how this would really influence good, smart play. I can already notice a change in the way I conduct myself in game.

Bungleboybob

10-02-2012

I got honors today and would like to thank those that gave it to me. I am always positive and know some games you win and some games you lose but always win and lose like a winner.

Pvt Piledriver

10-02-2012

I would really like to see the ability to see the names of people you played with/against in your match history, like what LoLKing displays. Several times now, I've played with people who were enjoyable, and simply forgot to honor them in the after-game lobby. Viewing match history through your profile in the client doesn't show who you played with or against. Even after looking up names, you still can't honor someone if you forgot to do so in the after game lobby. It's very easy to forget, as new as the system is, and considering there's currently no reason to remember.

The short of it is, I'd like to have the ability to see who I played with or against recently in my match history, and have the ability to honor people from the most recent match I played through it.