Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Hey Lyte,

Just a quick thought on how to reduce honor trading. Make it so you cant get or receive Honor from people on your friends list. It needs to be given to or got from random players, and not your friends.

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olat View Post
Hey Lyte,

Just a quick thought on how to reduce honor trading. Make it so you cant get or receive Honor from people on your friends list. It needs to be given to or got from random players, and not your friends.
The Honor system does take this into account. There are numerous safeguards built in to prevent abuse, and the system will figure out if you are queuing with friends to spam Honor to them. Friends do tend to be biased toward each other, and this is not necessarily bad. But the system shouldn't remove the ability to Honor a friend entirely.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
6 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olat View Post
Hey Lyte,

We've already taken things like this into account. Check the website for some of the extra features we've implemented to prevent trading or premade abuse.

WindOfChaos

10-01-2012

Please try to prevent the boosting of honor between premade teams/ rlf friends

Dark Umbra

10-01-2012

Hmm just an idea. Add the honor system to the matchmaking one. Get plays that are both around your level, skill cap, and are as friendly/ nice as you.

ZedZix

10-01-2012

Incentive... Good job Riot!

Use Flash Ignite

10-01-2012

I can't see my honor being displayed for some odd reason (i did recieve some after a game)

EDIT: nvm i can see it, very very cool update can't wait to use it!)

xNightMasterx

10-01-2012

This must be Riots secret plan to Identify Trolls easier

tist

10-01-2012

Its a good idea but i cant image players will care much because it has no rewards. Besides feeling like a better person anyway.

Creaper11

10-01-2012

Hey Lyte not sure if you saw my post before. Does this mean players with high honour are more likely to get matched with players who also have high honour? I really think seeing this implemented would cut down on the amount of trolls my friends and I see.