Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishcoteque

10-02-2012

For this to be super useful, they should start matchmaking with honor ranks. So positive, helpful, and friendly people can get matched with the other positive, helpful, and friendly people. And none of that raging leaver nonsense.

Vertany

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If a player retaliates and harasses you back, they aren't very Honorable players to begin with; however, we have noticed that it is very difficult to get Helpful Honors and will keep collecting data to see if we need to make tweaks.
This is my opinion about the Helpful Honor Point, which I stated on the PBE: ↓

I actually really like the Helpful one, especially for ranked games. Here is why:

People tend to get mad at other people, we all know that. Now let's say someone build Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer and Last Whisper on Corki, even though he died sometimes, is behind and the enemy doesn't have alot of armor yet.
In that case, many people would just go and flame him to no ends. But here they now get the chance to maybe earn some extra points by politely telling him that his build doesn't make sense.
If the Corki takes up the advice, then what you just did lifted up the atmosphere of the game and your team alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pldl View Post
Yeah... Also, most people that try to be helpful are often yelled at.
"Stop trying to tell me what to do"
"Gtfo and mind your own business."
"I know what I'm doing"
"Stop pinging"
I don't think there will be very much helpful votes going around.
If he doesn't take up the advice, then you should stop bothering him, really. If you are too forceful, then what you do defeats the means. Most of the people who are being forceful like that also just want to point their anger at someone and feel better than them for knowing more. You don't want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettalknight View Post
Alright the biggest problem I see with the honor system is the "Helpful" one. Why? Well mainly because I feel like more games that player plays the less likely he will get this one because players know more about the game.
The same goes for any other situation where someone made a mistake and you politely explained him what went wrong and how to do it better. It's also about strategy. You could even earn points in that way in high elo. For example, look at the Streams of the pros. They often commented on what went wrong here and there. If they didn't say it for the Viewers, but instead wrote it in the chat (they sometimes do that as well of course) then that would be a reason to give them a point.

You cannot lose points, but you could earn some, while maybe lifting the atmosphere and giving your team hope in a situation that would normally make people rage.
If the Helpful Honor Point promotes such behaviour, then I think it might even be the best of the Points.

Bandit Pants

10-02-2012

I like that you can give honor to the enemy team members, stating they were a worthy opponent

Murk Boi Wonda

10-02-2012

just experienced the MOST toxic game i've ever played on LoL. honor system definitely has draw backs but i think over time it will help a lot

Murk Boi Wonda

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcoteque View Post
for this to be super useful, they should start matchmaking with honor ranks. So positive, helpful, and friendly people can get matched with the other positive, helpful, and friendly people. And none of that raging leaver nonsense.
yes!!

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Hey Lyte... some feedback on the honor system. I'm a nice person and always have been, and I have been getting honor. However, I think your system is doing the opposite of what's expected. I used to be nice just for the pleasure of being nice. That felt good, and that was enough for me. Now, with honor, I'm actually finding I don't want to be nice as much. I think its due to some combination of a) inconsistent responses and b) me wondering if I'm just doing it for the points. While I'm obviously not going to turn into a toxic player so I doubt you're worried, this concerns me. Is there anything in psychology that explains my response?

MTaur

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmer007 View Post
You might aswell remove the Helpful Option. You try to teach players that are bad and they think they are godlike and won't even listen to your tips. For instance they are feeding kills 5 mins into the game and you tell them to stop feeding and their response is something like "stfu noob i am 2/2/2 while ur 0/0/0". Even though his CS Score is **** while i am leading in CS for both teams.
"Stop feeding" just sounds like blame and scorn. It's a pretty useless comment that sounds exactly like "you suck" and is only a few inches away from "uninstall". It's not helping anyone to say that. It's not "helpful" to say "play LoL better, ur not good." At all. I don't know how you can say "stop feeding" and expect "helpful" upvotes for it. You might as well say "noob uninstall" and expect helpful upvotes for that, too, because it's your sincere opinion of what would help them the most...

Needles K

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If a player retaliates and harasses you back, they aren't very Honorable players to begin with; however, we have noticed that it is very difficult to get Helpful Honors and will keep collecting data to see if we need to make tweaks.
I think this is mostly because the description of "Helpful" implies that they taught you something about the game you didn't know, which doesn't perceptibly happen too often after like level 20. Actual helpfulness will more likely be honored as "Teamwork," because it's more about communicating what's going on and calling the right strategy for the situation. They overlap a lot, but "Teamwork" is the one that doesn't imply the person giving the honor is a dilettante, so they'll choose that one nearly every time.

Fairness

10-02-2012

I'm nearly always friendly (except to the friends I play with ) and seriously, this system is so exciting! I'm making it my hobby to gain heaps of honour ahahhaa, MUST REGAIN MY HONOUR FOR MY FATHER. Sometimes I feel like I'm being too much of an honour-horse though, like sometimes I'm a bit too "fake" nice for absolutely no reason in-game...
I think I have a problem or something.

Kèvìn

10-02-2012

Dr. Lyte:

I have a small suggestion. There should be a highlighted box around your player champion pick in lobby screen that has the color green ( as the honor system is green). This shows you how honorable this person is and gives a pre sense of comfortability before starting the game. Why not post game as well and show off to the other players how honorable you are and make a role model out of it.